Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Virginia Beach pizza shop offering discount to gun owners

Virginia Beach pizza shop offering discount to gun owners

I saw this on the news tonight. It's too far to go for me, but I think it's worth a look for any who live nearby.

Slice by slice, one Virginia Beach pizza shop is showing its support for the Second Amendment by offering fifteen percent off pies to gun owners.
    “All they have to do is show me that they’re carrying a weapon or they can show me their concealed weapons permit and they can get the discount,” says All Around Pizza owner, Jay Laze.
    Laze started the offer after a Utah frozen yogurt shop made headlines earlier this month for also giving gun toters discounts

http://wtkr.com/2013/02/15/virginia-...to-gun-owners/
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

"Laze openly carries himself, and his support for gun ownership is incorporated throughout his business. 'I actually hire delivery drivers that do carry openly,' he says."

God bless him.

Hopefully our southside folks can show him some love, as I will if I ever make it to VB again.

Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post
    I saw this on the news tonight. It's too far to go for me, but I think it's worth a look for any who live nearby.

Slice by slice, one Virginia Beach pizza shop is showing its support for the Second Amendment by offering fifteen percent off pies to gun owners.
    “All they have to do is show me that they’re carrying a weapon or they can show me their concealed weapons permit and they can get the discount,” says All Around Pizza owner, Jay Laze.
    Laze started the offer after a Utah frozen yogurt shop made headlines earlier this month for also giving gun toters discounts

http://wtkr.com/2013/02/15/virginia-...to-gun-owners/
    Jay Laze is one smart cookie. He got the local media to tell all of Hampton Roads that the staff and, quite likely, the customers of his business are armed. No robber in his right mind would go near the place.

It would be like the Glock ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lab88qUff7I

Let's hope that other business owners catch on to this terrific idea.
    Last edited by USNA69; 02-17-2013 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    "Laze openly carries himself, and his support for gun ownership is incorporated throughout his business. 'I actually hire delivery drivers that do carry openly,' he says."

God bless him.

Hopefully our southside folks can show him some love, as I will if I ever make it to VB again.
    I have had them deliver before (only delivery I have ever had that delivers beer!) but I have not had the luxury of meeting a driver that was carrying, to my knowledge at least. One did ask what I was carrying, and we had a short conversation.

The food is pretty good, so it looks like I am going to have to actually go to the store soon to show my support.
    .45 ACP - Because shooting twice is silly

A cop pulled me over and said, "Papers..." So I said "Scissors, I win!" and drove away.

Re: Virginia Beach pizza shop offering discount to gun owners

Road trip time!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    He's not open now but deserves business.
    It's too much of a drive for me.....BUT
    Assuming he takes credit cards, I'm going to buy someone down there a pizza!

Damn right!

This is the coolest thing ive heard in some time. Very refreshing.

I know where ill be nest time i have a hankerin for pizza!!

Me my wife and my son will be going there very soon to show our support. So glad to see a business showing some 2a support we need more like them.

Quote Originally Posted by hemifan87 View Post
    Me my wife and my son will be going there very soon to show our support. So glad to see a business showing some 2a support we need more like them.
    Possibly a great place for an open carry lunch get together as well!?

We need to show people and other business owners how much business this place gets as a result of him supporting 2a and open carry!

Note that on their website their hours are listed at 7pm-3am. They occasionally open earlier but recommend calling first to verify.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Note that on their website their hours are listed at 7pm-3am. They occasionally open earlier but recommend calling first to verify.
    Good catch.

So OC lunch is out, OC (late) dinner is in!

From their website:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carry.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	10023  
    Last edited by DrMark; 02-17-2013 at 02:54 PM.

I'm at all around right now and I'd go to a dinner here

I'm thinking of setting up an OC dinner there in early-mid March. I live right across the street, so planning would be easy for me. I'll even see if he can open a little early (he sometimes opens around 4pm) for those who might have to travel and don't want to be commuting late with family (ie. kids).

Thumbs up This Guy Deserves OUr Business

And it's the savviest marketing plan ever.

"We are armed. We encourage our customers to be armed."

He should clean up. I would definitely attend a meal at this restaurant. IIRC it is in the same strip as Mom's Kitchen/Scandal's restaurant. One of the only places to get a bite that wasn't Taco Hell after a night out.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Justine View Post
    I'm thinking of setting up an OC dinner there in early-mid March. I live right across the street, so planning would be easy for me. I'll even see if he can open a little early (he sometimes opens around 4pm) for those who might have to travel and don't want to be commuting late with family (ie. kids).
    I think a dinner would be a great idea. It would be even better if we could get WTKR back out there to get some coverage. I can only imagine that if you were to show the other local business owners the kind of support that is possible when they support gun owners it could turn a positive reaction.
    .45 ACP - Because shooting twice is silly

A cop pulled me over and said, "Papers..." So I said "Scissors, I win!" and drove away.

Quote Originally Posted by MagiK_SacK View Post
    I think a dinner would be a great idea. It would be even better if we could get WTKR back out there to get some coverage. I can only imagine that if you were to show the other local business owners the kind of support that is possible when they support gun owners it could turn a positive reaction.
    +100!!!

I will be eating here very soon.

so i guess someone needs to make "i love pizza and guns" stickers now?

if i was in VA beach i'd be ordering some pies for dinner tonight(no seriuosly the wife is out of town....)

WVEC 13 just had a report on them. They just had to have someone say "I don't think that's a good idea to show your weapon and go into a restaurant, that"s just asking for trouble."
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_shadow View Post
    WVEC 13 just had a report on them. They just had to have someone say "I don't think that's a good idea to show your weapon and go into a restaurant, that"s just asking for trouble."
    So uniformed LEO's are just asking for trouble?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/02/va-b...unt-gun-owners

Virginia Pilot article was pretty neutral. Pictures with the article of any of you good folks?

The British like to talk about us with our guns:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...un-owners.html
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I will be visiting this dude on numerous occasions now that I know...He is pretty "local" to me..I am curious though....I know his area, wonder whathe will do do when "thug thing 2" opens his shirt with his hi-point hanging from his sweat pants. Hehe....
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

We've all read numerous articles about this, but the pilot is running a poll beneath the pic of a granny in this article. Hit it up if you have a minute.

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/02/gran...count-va-beach

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast