• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Beach pizza shop offering discount to gun owners

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
WVEC 13 just had a report on them. They just had to have someone say "I don't think that's a good idea to show your weapon and go into a restaurant, that"s just asking for trouble." :banghead:

So uniformed LEO's are just asking for trouble? :lol:

Red Dawg

I will be visiting this dude on numerous occasions now that I know...He is pretty "local" to me..I am curious though....I know his area, wonder whathe will do do when "thug thing 2" opens his shirt with his hi-point hanging from his sweat pants. Hehe....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We've all read numerous articles about this, but the pilot is running a poll beneath the pic of a granny in this article. Hit it up if you have a minute.

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/02/granny-get-your-gun-and-pizza-discount-va-beach

Note that the poll is mid way down on the left side. Take time, click it and make their counter spin.

Going to cross post this in Hot Topics as an example that can be used in any state where legal.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...he-poll-spread-the-idea&p=1900346#post1900346

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Wonderful! I'll be there. --Moderator deleted quote--.

images

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Wonderful! I'll be there. --snipped--.

Practical and tactical have 2 different meanings in the plan to show people that it is the persons conduct, not the tool, that should or should not be the cause for concern. When someone intentionally plays directly to the fear of other people, one should expect an escalated negative response. Why anyone would do that to a shop that has shown support to RKBA is beyond me. Public relations, I say again public relations, is a tricky path - don't invite problems unnecessarily.

Then consider that those that insist on posting re long guns do so with the full knowledge that they are breaking the Forum Rules .

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.