• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new here, looking for a holster

thefinalgamer

hey guys, about to buy ether a Glock 22 or a Walther PPQ and am looking for a lever 3 retention system. i have looked into the SERPA level 3 Duty Holster but it doesnt seem to be made for the Walther PPQ. any suggestions for the PPQ?

WalkingWolf

hey guys, about to buy ether a Glock 22 or a Walther PPQ and am looking for a lever 3 retention system. i have looked into the SERPA level 3 Duty Holster but it doesnt seem to be made for the Walther PPQ. any suggestions for the PPQ?

Well you can look into the more expensive level 3 systems by other vendors or just narrow handgun choice to the Glock. I hear the Glock is a excellent firearm.

Safariland 6360 ALS SLS Level III Mid-Ride Holster is available for the PPQ but it will start around $100. I believe the blackhawk holsters are around 80 for level 3 holsters.

Last edited:

sean39-2

new here, and looking for a holster

Hey everyone I have a S&w 39-2 and can't find many options with this gun any suggestions

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Hey everyone I have a S&w 39-2 and can't find many options with this gun any suggestions

I carried that gun for years and loved it, unfortunately when I changed jobs I had to give my 39 back. The slide on the 39 is the same size as other model guns, and you can take it to a gun store to compare. There are also many retro holsters out there made for the 39.

What type of holster are you looking for?

sean39-2

I carried that gun for years and loved it, unfortunately when I changed jobs I had to give my 39 back. The slide on the 39 is the same size as other model guns, and you can take it to a gun store to compare. There are also many retro holsters out there made for the 39.

What type of holster are you looking for?

Right now something to carry openly I am in the process of getting my CWP and would like to get a concealed holster as well and a lock one if there's one that would fit it.

WalkingWolf

Right now something to carry openly I am in the process of getting my CWP and would like to get a concealed holster as well and a lock one if there's one that would fit it.

Well if you are looking for kydex you probably will have to have one made, unless you can find a current model that has the same slide and trigger guard dimensions. The canvas holsters like Uncle Mike's will fit almost any gun. Vintage leather duty holsters for your gun you should be able to find online though gun auctions and ebay.

Then there is the option of making use of your local tradesmen. If there are tack shops they often make custom holsters, same for shoe repair shops, and probably will be cheaper than using a custom holster maker online, or at least save you the shipping. Or you could study holster making and make your own. Either kydex, or leather both are actually easy.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Sean you will be able to find a holster for it depending on your personal taste. I have used this weapon before with a Navy supplied leather holster. I cannot remember the holster brand, but the military were not the only people using it. A little history for you to help in your search.

The Illinois State Police adopted the Model 39 in 1967, an action which helped ingratiate semi-automatic pistols with law enforcement. This publicity helped commercial sales and set the stage for the more acceptable Model 59 with its high capacity magazine at least in undercover or detective police use where the DA feature (and the larger magazine capacity) was considered by many to be superior to single-stack semi-automatics and revolvers of the time period.[1]
The Model 39 was used by Naval Special Warfare units during the Vietnam War.[2] The Model 39 was issued to officers-in-charge (OICs) of MST-2 detachments as their sidearm. SEAL Teams used either the Model 39 without modification or a modified version, the Mk 22 Mod 0, which was called the "hush puppy".[2] The modified pistol had a suppressor with a slide lock (which kept the slide from moving backwards upon firing, thereby decreasing produced noise) The Mk 22 Mod 0 also had raised iron sights, to provide easier sighting over a bulky suppressor. The gun's purpose was to eliminate sentry dogs or guards without alarming the main target.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Don't forget the belt! The biggest "holster" mistake I see students make is a cheap belt that sags under the weight of a handgun. Get a belt from a holster manufacturer. It will be made to support the weight, and will be much more comfortable, and last far longer.

I wear a Bianchi belt. It's 22 years old. It still doesn't sag. Now, at $85, it's not cheap. But look at it as $4 per year.