Thread: Olympic Arms Blacklists NY State

Olympic Arms Blacklists NY State

This is posted in the NY thread, but I thought folks here might enjoy it.

Basically, if the citizens of NY are prohibited from purchasing certain firearms, then they won't sell to any NY agency.

http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/ind...-also-goes-2a/
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post

Basically, if the citizens of NY are prohibited from purchasing certain firearms, then they won't sell to any NY agency.

Midway, Cheaper than dirt and a bunch of other companies are doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Midway, Cheaper than dirt and a bunch of other companies are doing the same thing.
    It occurred to me that this is the perfect standoff. No one has anything to sell, so it's relatively safe to threaten a (potentially) large customer.

I wonder if DOJ will take any action against them for disrupting interstate commerce.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Me, too, though for slightly different reasons. The gun control states are also the states having a history of political corruption, and their legal systems are, shall we say, unpredictable. So if I can avoid it, I won't do business with people for any reason in New York, New Jersey, Massachussetts, Maryland, Illinois, California, or Hawaii. Missouri and Pennsylvania are on my "watch list", mainly because of the way they handle (or mishandle) the domestication of judgments against local folks obtained in other states (e.g., Virginia) under the "full faith and credit" clause. I don't want to have to enforce a contract or a judgment in any of those places, and the best way is just to steer clear of any dealings with anyone in any of those states. Too bad about the decent folks who live there, but I think it's their responsibility to bring their states up to the level of Virginian civilization.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

York Arms has also blacklisted New York State. They do have product to sell, but by no means enough to keep up with demand. And they have a t-shirt that might be available: http://www.ma-rooned.com/2013/02/so-...razy-idea.html

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit