• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Olympic Arms Blacklists NY State

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

2a4all

This is posted in the NY thread, but I thought folks here might enjoy it.

Basically, if the citizens of NY are prohibited from purchasing certain firearms, then they won't sell to any NY agency.:monkey

http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/index.php/2013/02/12/olympic-arms-also-goes-2a/

Midway, Cheaper than dirt and a bunch of other companies are doing the same thing.
It occurred to me that this is the perfect standoff. No one has anything to sell, so it's relatively safe to threaten a (potentially) large customer.

I wonder if DOJ will take any action against them for disrupting interstate commerce.:eek:

user

Accomplished Advocate
Me, too, though for slightly different reasons. The gun control states are also the states having a history of political corruption, and their legal systems are, shall we say, unpredictable. So if I can avoid it, I won't do business with people for any reason in New York, New Jersey, Massachussetts, Maryland, Illinois, California, or Hawaii. Missouri and Pennsylvania are on my "watch list", mainly because of the way they handle (or mishandle) the domestication of judgments against local folks obtained in other states (e.g., Virginia) under the "full faith and credit" clause. I don't want to have to enforce a contract or a judgment in any of those places, and the best way is just to steer clear of any dealings with anyone in any of those states. Too bad about the decent folks who live there, but I think it's their responsibility to bring their states up to the level of Virginian civilization.