Thread: What kind of person does the Fl legsilature trust to open carry?

What kind of person does the Fl legsilature trust to open carry?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=209_1360946728

Apparently, those who threaten to feed people to alligators.

I plan on adding to this thread from time to time, as stories in Fl pop up. Currently, LEOs have more rights than we mundanes do. For example, leo's are allowed to break the "speed limit" with impunity, while our money is stolen for the same. LEO's don't have to have their physical address on their driver's licenses, etc. Cops also have more rights when it comes to bearing arms. In Florida, LEOs have the right to open carry. They also have the right to point guns at people they believe pose a serious threat. Until this discrimination against citizens is removed, I think it important that we point out what should be obvious: that leo's are ordinary people and that they cannot be trusted with guns more than other ordinary people.
    Last edited by 77zach; 02-28-2013 at 09:08 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Florida Trooper Detrick McClellan

Florida Trooper Detrick McClellan is trusted to openly carry in Florida.

http://ericpetersautos.com/2013/02/26/redcoats/
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Banned
    Sounds like alligators are now covered under the 2nd amendment!

About time!

Did ya here that Chompy !
    chomp chomp chomp ...

Robbers in Uniform

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/0...pe=html_module

These officers were trusted by the Fl legislature to openly carry firearms.

"Malinsky Bazile, a young Miami police officer, pocketed about $140,000 over the past two years — but not in salary for his patrol duties, authorities say.

Ft Lauderdale officers cost tax payers $62,000

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...tics-operation

They violated a man's civil rights.

Kid finds hero's gun

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/...idental/nW4tT/

He wasn't charged because he was a hero. If you or I had done it you can bet we'd be charged.
    Last edited by 77zach; 03-27-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/...idental/nW4tT/

If you or I had done it you can bet we'd be charged.
    I do believe I'll have to agree with you.

I can just see the headlines in my small town if something like that happens. I'd be up on charges so fast it would make your head spin.

If he knew the kid was going to be in the house, he broke the law.

I don't like locking up my guns, but they are these days because I do have a 4 year old (going on 15) spending a lot of time here in my house.

If it's loaded, it's on my person or LOCKED UP in a steel filing case.

The rest of them, the guns that don't get used these days, are just locked and empty, high up on the shelf away from everything.

AD
    NRA Life - AMA Life - ABATE Life
    Viet-Nam Helicopters Pilots Assn - Life
    IDPA, ICORE and USPSA carry gun shooter - Glock Armorer
    NRA Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by ADulay View Post
    I do believe I'll have to agree with you.

I can just see the headlines in my small town if something like that happens. I'd be up on charges so fast it would make your head spin.

If he knew the kid was going to be in the house, he broke the law.

I don't like locking up my guns, but they are these days because I do have a 4 year old (going on 15) spending a lot of time here in my house.

If it's loaded, it's on my person or LOCKED UP in a steel filing case.

The rest of them, the guns that don't get used these days, are just locked and empty, high up on the shelf away from everything.

AD
    I advocate home carry. I used to never do it, but I'm getting more into it.

Man wins $7 million from police abuse in South Florida

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,7821815.story

The officers framed a mentally challenged teenage kid for the rape and murder of a woman. Classy.

The officers were trusted to openly carry firearms virtually anywhere in the state of Florida.

Officer charged with attempted murder

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Fmr-pol...z/-/index.html

This man was on our streets, openly carrying a firearm, with a badge. Who knows what abuses he is guilty of and will never be punished for because he wore a state issued costume.
    Last edited by 77zach; 04-03-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I advocate home carry. I used to never do it, but I'm getting more into it.
    You never know who is on the other side of your door. Put the weapon in the holster when you get out of bed, and take it out when you end your day. Always there, always safe.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    A preponderance of the posts on this thread (those listing incidents) surely show bad conduct, but have nothing to do with OC and therefore violate the rules. That the officers by virtue of their employment do open carry is less than a tenuous connection, and is seen as an attempt to back into being relative to OCDO.

Conclusion: this is a cop bashing thread and consequently is being locked.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.