• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What kind of person does the Fl legsilature trust to open carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

77zach

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=209_1360946728

Apparently, those who threaten to feed people to alligators.

I plan on adding to this thread from time to time, as stories in Fl pop up. Currently, LEOs have more rights than we mundanes do. For example, leo's are allowed to break the "speed limit" with impunity, while our money is stolen for the same. LEO's don't have to have their physical address on their driver's licenses, etc. Cops also have more rights when it comes to bearing arms. In Florida, LEOs have the right to open carry. They also have the right to point guns at people they believe pose a serious threat. Until this discrimination against citizens is removed, I think it important that we point out what should be obvious: that leo's are ordinary people and that they cannot be trusted with guns more than other ordinary people.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sounds like alligators are now covered under the 2nd amendment!

About time!

Did ya here that Chompy !
chomp chomp chomp ...

ADulay

I do believe I'll have to agree with you.

I can just see the headlines in my small town if something like that happens. I'd be up on charges so fast it would make your head spin.

If he knew the kid was going to be in the house, he broke the law.

I don't like locking up my guns, but they are these days because I do have a 4 year old (going on 15) spending a lot of time here in my house.

If it's loaded, it's on my person or LOCKED UP in a steel filing case.

The rest of them, the guns that don't get used these days, are just locked and empty, high up on the shelf away from everything.

AD

77zach

I do believe I'll have to agree with you.

I can just see the headlines in my small town if something like that happens. I'd be up on charges so fast it would make your head spin.

If he knew the kid was going to be in the house, he broke the law.

I don't like locking up my guns, but they are these days because I do have a 4 year old (going on 15) spending a lot of time here in my house.

If it's loaded, it's on my person or LOCKED UP in a steel filing case.

The rest of them, the guns that don't get used these days, are just locked and empty, high up on the shelf away from everything.

AD

I advocate home carry. I used to never do it, but I'm getting more into it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A preponderance of the posts on this thread (those listing incidents) surely show bad conduct, but have nothing to do with OC and therefore violate the rules. That the officers by virtue of their employment do open carry is less than a tenuous connection, and is seen as an attempt to back into being relative to OCDO.

Conclusion: this is a cop bashing thread and consequently is being locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.