• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WOW Colorado

larueman

Its just amazing what can be done. Pass a bill limiting magazines to 15 rounds but allow a company to keep making 30 round magazines so they dont loose 600 jobs. The company cant sell them in state but out of state its just dandy.

I sure hope Magpul pulls out!

How ludicrous are the people of CO!!!

Tactical_MTN40

Whats just as crazy if the firearm manufacturer liability act. It would make all dealers and manufacturers liable for all damages caused by their weapons. That to me gives people the message they are no longer responsible for their own actions. Same with banning campus carry and ammunition limits. They are just trowing in every idea they have so they have a chance of one passing. That should be illegal in all state and federal offices. They want to limit our weapons lets limit their capabilities.

Richieg150

has only passed the CO House still has to go through the senate and the governor already agreed to sign the bills.

A bunch of knee jerking that will do absolutely no good.

The government of that fair state, has special insight, that the every day mortal doesnt. They see that there will soon,be no nead for magazines over15 rounds....or any magazines period.....and all crime will stop. The population will soon be sitting around, high on Medical pot, singing, hugging, and munching out, crime and violence will come to a standstill, and be virtually non-existent...... I have been recently informed, by some in favor of Colorado's medical pot , that those high, are passive , nonviolent, and mellow, and that crime, especially violent crime will drop.

attrapereves

Colorado has been ruined by transplants from California. I was planning on visiting the state, but I'm crossing it off my list. Nevada, although conservative except for Reno and Las Vegas, has also been ruined by CA transplants.

I don't think Missouri, or most midwestern states will ever be ruined by CA transplants.

We have a few in our area and they are real idiots. If not watched closely they will try to start changing things.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Colorado has been ruined by transplants from California. I was planning on visiting the state, but I'm crossing it off my list. Nevada, although conservative except for Reno and Las Vegas, has also been ruined by CA transplants.

I don't think Missouri, or most midwestern states will ever be ruined by CA transplants.

Maybe just the one's enroute from New York and the NE Seaboard!

attrapereves

We have a few in our area and they are real idiots. If not watched closely they will try to start changing things.

True that. Luckily Missouri only has a few select liberal areas. My concern isn't California transplants, but Chicago transplants. My upstairs and downstairs neighbors are both from Chicago, and they are incredibly rude and inconsiderate. There must be some correlation between rude neighbors and anti-gun cities/states.

Oramac

Only as long as we maintain vigilance.

That said, not ALL transplants are bad. One of my best friends is from California, and he's a really good guy. Not all that active politically, but he does lean right on most everything, including guns.

Richieg150

Only as long as we maintain vigilance.

That said, not ALL transplants are bad,but he does lean right on most everything, including guns.

What exactly does that mean?If i had a heart transplant, and it worked, only part of the time, I would'nt call that success. Is that like supporting some of the right, but not wanting tobe ONE OR THOSE RIGHT WING GUYS, and still clinging to the left? If he leans right on MOST EVERYTHING, seems like to me he is on the right, so instead of leaning, just take that step...

M-Taliesin

How ludicrous are the people of CO!!!

Howdy Larueman!
Excuse me? The people of Colorado? We're the ones in the trenches fighting against this assault on our liberties. We're on the streets protesting the rogue government now sitting in positions of power that voers believed would be handle that power wisely. The voters of Colorado were decieved into thinking these guys would honor their oaths of office. Now we are aware they only said what they needed to gain control of the organs of government in order to betray their constitutents.

It AIN'T the PEOPLE of Colorado that you should be slamming.
It IS the GOVERNMENT that betrayed the people of our state!

Take a look at our Republican party in Colorado. They are weak, unorganized and impotent.
Democrats are in power in the House, Senate and Office of the Governor.
Today, at least, that's the story.
But just give us time.
We'll fix that come next election.
We'll oust those bums and send them packing.

Meanwhile, we *the people* are pulling together, joining forces, working to defend our rights, and laying the groundwork to challenge the new laws coming down the pike on Constitutional grounds.

Calling those people who are engaged in the fight "ludicrous" is part of the problem.
Unless gun owners who cherish our liberties unite (rather than assault one another) none of us will have our rights much longer.
Our foes are united in their aims, while we snipe one another.
Just like George Armostrong Custer divided his regiment into 3 different columns and lost 5 companies of the 7th cavalry,
we divide ourselves at our own peril.
Our foes are present a cohesive front, while we gun owners bicker amongst ourselves.
Just like Custer, unless we band together, we'll get picked off individually.
Them's the berries.

What is truly ludicrous is thinking we can fend off a concerted, cohesive assault with a scattergun response.

Now is not the time for gun owners to target one another, but turn our collective aim in the direction of the enemy assault and engage them with an overwhelming counter assault of our own.

Unless we unify for our common purpose, we'll continue to lose; state by state, law by law, man by man.
We face two possible outcomes.
A disasterous defeat, like the Little Big Horn,
or the victory of our patriots that resulted when Washington crossed the Deleware.
The choice is purely our own!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

OC for ME

Howdy Larueman! <snip>

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
I beg to differ.

The 2010 governors race was a blowout win for the democrats, that is on the people of Colorado. It is the people who failed to elect a liberty minded citizen to the governor's mansion.

The 2012 state legislature election results seem to indicate the the people of Colorado have chosen the democrat "way" over the republican/conservative "way." That too is on the people, who failed to elect liberty minded citizens to the state legislature. The politicians are voting in a manner that likely reflects their constituents views/wishes, anti-liberty views/wishes it seems.

Do not blame the government for the failures of the electorate, politicians don't just assume power. You and your fellow citizens must work harder to prevent a future 2010 or 2012 election result. Getting folks to vote for liberty will result in liberty minded citizens be elected to state government.

These gun laws are a symptom of a anti-liberty wave that is sweeping through Colorado. Guns today, a different right tomorrow.

Do not fuss at sympathetic Missourians for the failure of the Colorado electorate. You may alienate a level of assistance from sympathetic, liberty minded citizens in the Show Me State.

I have sent a check to a out-of-stater running for public officer in the past and I may do so again in the future, if my meager contribution towards liberty in that state is welcome that is.

mark-in-texas

Last I heard, Magpul plans on leaving Co if this takes effect. They make something like $85mil a year, employing 700 people.

I just want to put in a plug for the Great State of Texas!! We wouldn't settle for that kind of cra_! Non-union workforce will gladly staff your company.

M-Taliesin

I beg to differ.

The 2010 governors race was a blowout win for the democrats, that is on the people of Colorado. It is the people who failed to elect a liberty minded citizen to the governor's mansion.

Howdy Amigo!
I beg to differ back at ya. Precisely who was the liberty minded citizen running for the governor's mansion in Colorado?
Was it Dan Maes? Or Scott McInnes? Tom Tancredo? The primary put Maes on the ballot, and he was a weak candidate at best.
While I ain't here to judge the man, the facts are that he paid fines for campaign finance violations, claimed he worked undercover with Kansas Bureau of Investigation (a claim Kansas denied) and was dismissed from service with the Liberal Kansas police department. As a candidate, Maes only took 11% of the vote.
The Republican party ran such a weak candidate they were in no doubt Hickenlooper would win the election. What they worried about was whether Maes would get at least 10% of the vote. If he did not, under Colorado law, the Republican party would have been dropped to a legally defined "minor party" status. They also did not support him with funding from the the Republican National Committee, the Republican Governor's Association, nor the Colorado GOP. The Republican party in Colorado cut their own throats with a little help.

Meanwhile, the tea party managed to run behind Constitution Party candidate Tom Tancredo, who finished with 36.7% of the vote. Despite being a late entry into the race, he more than tripled the number of votes received by Maes. Had he gotten in earlier, had he won the Republican primary, had he the support of the party he served as a U.S. Representative in Congress, he might have won the election.

Just as the Colorado Republican party ran a weak (possibly hopeless) candidate for governor, they didn't put up an impressive group of state legislative candidates for people to rally behind.

Which leads me back to the people of Colorado didn't flock to the Democratic party so much as the Republican party self-destructed.
I have spoken much, and written prolifically, about how we need cohesion and the ability to put aside petty squabbles and other differences to band together to fight what's happening now. Unless we present a united front, we suffer defeat after defeat. Just as Custer split his forces, so the Republican party of Colorado split their voters into warring camps and lost the race. The Dems, however, had no such problems organizing and keeping their focus on the objective. I do not believe Hickenlooper was a strong candidate. I do not believe the majority of folks would have chosen him had a viable candidate been put forward by the Colorado Republican party. When Tancredo did enter the race, the hour was far too late to gain the majority support.

So I say again; blaming the people of Colorado for the outcome is errant.
Just as blaming the people of the United States for the present losses on the Federal level, leading to the President and Senate being under Democratic control. (i.e. That jerk in Indiana Mourdock who infuriated voters of his own party by claiming rape was a gift from God! Now there's a winning proposition!!!!) He singlehandedly was responsible for that senate seat going to the Democrats.

As for alienating Missouri, I worry more about alienating all of America by blaming the people of America when the situation clearly reflects a Republican party that hasn't put foward a compelling ticket that folks get behind with sufficient numbers to carry the day. That was true in Colorado, and is also true on the federal level.
The Republican party needs to understand the need for cohesiveness, and band together if they are going to turn things around.

Personally, I do not feel the Democrats won because they were better, but they were certainly unified.
That single advantage carried the day while the Republicans split their forces.
Regardless of how we may feel about the situation in Colorado,
You can't win when choosing weak candidates.

Then again, we see people right on this forum who seem to thrive on attacking one another.
That is a symptom of the problem, and so long as it keeps us at odds with one another, we can look forward to one defeat after another.
Either we unite, or we get picked off one after another.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

Griz

Which leads me back to the people of Colorado didn't flock to the Democratic party so much as the Republican party self-destructed.
Seems to me this happened at the National level as well.

The Republican party needs to understand the need for cohesiveness, and band together if they are going to turn things around.
Unfortunately, we have been offered less than adequate alternatives to rally behind.

OC for ME

Howdy Amigo!
I beg to differ back at ya. <snip> Then again, we see people right on this forum who seem to thrive on attacking one another.
That is a symptom of the problem, and so long as it keeps us at odds with one another, we can look forward to one defeat after another.
Either we unite, or we get picked off one after another.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
I'm not disagreeing with your conclusions regarding the candidates offered as a choice to the Colorado electorate in 2010 and 2012. Your conclusions are unimpeachable. But, even after all the words in your response you neglected to mention that other states have offered liberty minded candidates on the republican ticket via the Teaparty. Why has not Colorado done likewise?

The only conclusion given those prior successes elsewhere is that the citizens of Colorado must work harder. Any fractures in the republican party in Colorado can be overcome by grassroots support, grassroots efforts. It has worked in the past elsewhere and it can work in Colorado. Sometimes the electorate needs to step up and wrest control of the party from the party. Keep up the good works in Colorado.

Jaysann22

I highly doubt this gets by the Republican controlled CO Senate....

At least, I'm hoping.... These are scary times indeed.

M-Taliesin

I highly doubt this gets by the Republican controlled CO Senate....

At least, I'm hoping.... These are scary times indeed.

Howdy Jaysann22!
I ain't picking on you here, but the Republicans do not control the Colorado Senate.
We have a Democratic governor, Democrat controlled House, and Democrat controlled Senate.

But we also have ourselves, the people of Colorado.
We aim to make that abundantly evident on Monday!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

I'm not disagreeing with your conclusions regarding the candidates offered as a choice to the Colorado electorate in 2010 and 2012. Your conclusions are unimpeachable. But, even after all the words in your response you neglected to mention that other states have offered liberty minded candidates on the republican ticket via the Teaparty. Why has not Colorado done likewise?

Howdy OC!
We do have Tea Party factions here. I believe they have been active, albeit without much fanfare.

The issue with Tea Party is that they tend to split the Republican ticket. Throw in the impact of Libertarian candidates, and the vote splits even more.
Unity is needed but with a highly fractionalized Republican party, I do not see how they can hope to compete with the Democrats, all working together as they do while conservative voters have three possible directions for their vote to go. Add the weak candidates put up by the Colorado GOP, and we're hoist by our own petards.

Just as George Armstrong Custer split his regiment into 3 separate columns and got his own command picked off to the last man, we see the same happening in the political arena with the Colorado Republican party.

Guess we'll see the Dems holding office in Colorado for quite some time because conservative voters refuse to unite.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin