Thread: Where is all the Ammo

Where is all the Ammo

I went to three wal-mart stores, Portage, Sun-Prairie and Madison looking for 45 auto ammo and they were sold out. When did this happen, people buying ammo like it wasn't going to be available anymore. Guess I'll have to check online for ammo!!!!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Government agencies are buying HUGE quantities of ammo. Manufacturers are running at capacity, some limited by the availability of primers. The demand and shortage has spread to reloading equipment and supplies. Most retailers are limiting purchases to 2 boxes if the have any on hand,

http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchase...of-ammunition/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyridn View Post
    I went to three wal-mart stores, Portage, Sun-Prairie and Madison looking for 45 auto ammo and they were sold out. When did this happen, people buying ammo like it wasn't going to be available anymore. Guess I'll have to check online for ammo!!!!
    This happened in December and is still going on. People are clearing the shelves, not for their own use but to resell at a huge profit. Guns AND ammo. People have created an artificial shortage. It has zero to do with the DHS.

People want to buy ammo before it gets heavily taxed and prices go up. I know that's why I did. That and possibility of them requiring background checks for ammo purchases. Several states have proposed bills suggesting this outrageous idea.

What happened to everything

I was looking for a Heritage Arms 22 pistol today, None available in the whole country from a dealer,,,I want a specific pistol,,How can all guns just instantly disappear from all dealers

i had the same problem finding ammo just so i had something to plink with and practice but i found my local pawn shop had some cheap federal estate ammo $20/box 50 might load up on it before they sell out also

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cch10000 View Post
    I was looking for a Heritage Arms 22 pistol today, None available in the whole country from a dealer,,,I want a specific pistol,,How can all guns just instantly disappear from all dealers
    They didn't..... http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/87902

I always figured for serious purposes that 300 rounds per pistol, 200 rounds per defensive shot gun , 500 rounds per rifle. Is the right amount to have in stock.

That dosen't inclued ammo brought for paractice or hunting, trade ect. If one practices a lot having thousands of rounds on hand makes sense.

Their are lots of people who thought buying a box at a time was a lot of ammo. Now that they see that SHTF is possible they know they need more thus they are buying boxs at once not one at a time every couple of years.

Multiply this factor by hundreds of thousands of new gun owners it dosen't take long to buy every thing up.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Fleet farm in Hudson was almost all out of handgun ammo. I started collecting soon after the CT shooting and managed to get considerable amounts of 357 ammo, brass hollow points that is and some 38sp. I was able to obtain the heavy 158 grain hollow points too. The last time I went 2 weeks ago almost all handgun ammo was out including 357 except for 2 cases of 158 grain aluminum bullets. I am letting my leo buddy re load all my brass. He only wants money for the cost of bullet and powder, not labor. Now there was some shotgun and rifle ammo left in Hudson Fleet Farm.
    Try gun stores in small towns. I was told that they are more expensive, but if you need it now they will more likely have it. I am stopping in at mine this weekend. Hope to get more.
    Grape shot is right about where the ammo is going.

Be patient it will clear up in time, the bad part is that the prices will not go all the way down. You should look into reloading when primers and brass becomes available again. If you just want to shoot and not collect ammo it might be a good time to look into muzzle loading.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I can't find where I read this, but ammo manufacturers are 9 months behind, and manufacturing 9 billion rounds a week.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I can't find where I read this, but ammo manufacturers are 9 months behind, and manufacturing 9 billion rounds a week.
    Russian primers are now available, or they were last time I checked. I believe Russia may pick up some of the slack before long. Last time I checked Fiocchi primers were available also.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Everyone went crazy on guns and ammo after CT. Not only that but there was a huge percentage of people that didn't own an AR but did remember the 1994 ban. The bought rifles but then needed ammo. So we are dealing with a large increase in demand from new shooters as well as panic buying and then just normal amounts of stock piling that people did before December.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    Everyone went crazy on guns and ammo after CT. Not only that but there was a huge percentage of people that didn't own an AR but did remember the 1994 ban. The bought rifles but then needed ammo. So we are dealing with a large increase in demand from new shooters as well as panic buying and then just normal amounts of stock piling that people did before December.
    Radical increase in new gun buyers + panic buying + hording + buying for resale + massive government purchases = very small supply left for very large demand = much higher prices for what is left.

I've been in three local gun shops today and their prices on pistol ammo is double what it was just months ago - only low tier .45 acp was in stock at all.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.