• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A friends close encounter

Firearms Iinstuctor

That is not what I asked. Are you going to offer to give the OP a class for free, including the ammo?

There no need for ammo Wis doesn't have a live fire requirement.

He would be welcome at any of the WCI free classes.

When I put the next one on he would be welcome to attend

Considering The elkhorn class is 350 miles closer to any I might have.

I am at one end of the state he is at the other

It would be a lot more economical to attend that one

LOERetired

Fire Arms Class

I'm from Portage Wisconsin and the CCW class is in elkhorn, about an hour away; not too far, I'll attend this Saturday and help out anyway I can. Free Learning, other than whats on this forum, can't pass that up :banana:

There no need for ammo Wis doesn't have a live fire requirement.

He would be welcome at any of the WCI free classes.

When I put the next one on he would be welcome to attend

Considering The elkhorn class is 350 miles closer to any I might have.

I am at one end of the state he is at the other

It would be a lot more economical to attend that one

Interceptor_Knight

Because somebody looking for some free legal advice, should not have to pay for ammo to get that advice from a CC instructor.....

If you go back to the beginning, the OP never actually asked for "legal advice". You brought this term into the discussion. My original recommendation is still sound in spite of your tirade and hijacking the thread. Throughout the thread you have had great difficulty differentiating between a basic CCW class and a more advanced firearms training class. All reputable CCW classes discuss applicable State and Federal laws. More advanced firearms training classes including applicable personal defense classes involve more live fire. Even those States which require live fire as part of their basic CCW curriculum only require a handful of shots to ensure that the student can safely handle a firearm. Often times, without a formal class, students do not know what they do not know. It does no good to have an attorney to contact if you do not know what questions to ask. Jails and Prisons have many internet taught individuals who thought they knew enough and paid for their ignorance.

sharkey

Going for cover is not an imminent threat of death or great bodily harm..... This thread is in regards to Wisconsin self defense privilege and the use of deadly force, not Arizona.

If I feel my life is in danger I fail to care about the law.

But my threshold for "danger" is far higher than the OP.

Interceptor_Knight

If I feel my life is in danger I fail to care about the law.

It looks like Arizona has a Death Penalty. You may wish to care a little about the law. :lol:

Arizona law for your reference.. It looks like you are a "no duty to retreat" State so long as a "reasonable person would believe" that your life was in danger.

13-405. Justification; use of deadly physical force
A. A person is justified in threatening or using deadly physical force against another:
1. If such person would be justified in threatening or using physical force against the other under section 13-404, and
2. When and to the degree a reasonable person would believe that deadly physical force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly physical force.
B. A person has no duty to retreat before threatening or using deadly physical force pursuant to this section if the person is in a place where the person may legally be and is not engaged in an unlawful act.
13-404. Justification; self-defense
A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, a person is justified in threatening or using physical force against another when and to the extent a reasonable person would believe that physical force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful physical force.
B. The threat or use of physical force against another is not justified:
1. In response to verbal provocation alone; or
2. To resist an arrest that the person knows or should know is being made by a peace officer or by a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction, whether the arrest is lawful or unlawful, unless the physical force used by the peace officer exceeds that allowed by law; or
3. If the person provoked the other's use or attempted use of unlawful physical force, unless:
(a) The person withdraws from the encounter or clearly communicates to the other his intent to do so reasonably believing he cannot safely withdraw from the encounter; and
(b) The other nevertheless continues or attempts to use unlawful physical force against the person.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I'm from Portage Wisconsin and the CCW class is in elkhorn, about an hour away; not too far, I'll attend this Saturday and help out anyway I can. Free Learning, other than whats on this forum, can't pass that up :banana:

Don, it will be good to see you tomorrow.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
Because somebody looking for some free legal advice, should not have to pay for ammo to get that advice from a CC instructor. If it is going to be free advice it should be completely free. Now IMO he would be a fool to seek advice from a CC instructor and pay for it, when we have a attorney for a member he could PM, actually I believe there are several attorneys on the site including the administrator. If he was looking for a CC class then I would be less harsh, but clearly he was not. The plug for the class for the answer to legal questions was quite stupid to say the least.

Wisconsin forum. North Carolina is east of here.

WalkingWolf

Wisconsin forum. North Carolina is east of here.

Excuse me but you may want to take that up with the mods. As far as lawyers go and legal advice I believe it is a nationwide thang...

But hey anybody who wants to put their liberty on the line for a CC instructor instead of a attorney I wish them the best of luck. They are going to need it.

sharkey

It looks like Arizona has a Death Penalty. You may wish to care a little about the law. :lol:

Arizona law for your reference.. It looks like you are a "no duty to retreat" State so long as a "reasonable person would believe" that your life was in danger.

I'm well versed in Arizona law. I never asked for your legal advice.

Haha. That's a joke because you've been accused of practicing without a license.

Guess you had to be there. :(

ETA. I would be unlikely to be charged here for engaging a fleeing criminal that assaulted me.

Here's a real world example.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2010/09/gilbert_police_stefan_selvy_wa.php

Now back to topic. We were talking about Wisconsin.

ETA2. I want to be clear that I would NOT engage someone unless I REASONABLY believe my life or someone else's to be in danger.

Last edited:

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
Excuse me but you may want to take that up with the mods. As far as lawyers go and legal advice I believe it is a nationwide thang...

But hey anybody who wants to put their liberty on the line for a CC instructor instead of a attorney I wish them the best of luck. They are going to need it.

North Carolina is east of here.:lol: