• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pot and Pistols

A_patriot@ymail.com

WHY would Dear Leader in DC and his cronies be FOR legalizing pot?

Does that have anything to do with firearms? Betcha-behind it does.

WHY would Oba-MAo and his minions turn down the chance to control anything?

Why in the States? Just to give people freedom?

When does totalitarian Government want to do so?

Its not about pot.

Recall the last NICS form you filled out to buy a gun from a dealer? What was the FIRST question?

Let me paraphrase it:

"DO YOU USE POT"?

Get it?

Legalise pot, deny firearm purchases. Oba-Mao is a Left wing radical bent on disarming Americans.
This is a SLICK ploy to get part of that done.

So someone doesnt admit it on the form? thats what DATABASES are for...

When two things like gun control and this coincide like that, then..

77zach

I think it asks if you are addicted to MJ. People will just lie and say they are not addicted. Is MJ even addicting?

It also asks if you are a fugitive from justice and other stupid questions. The form is not about disqualifying people from purchasing firearms. The logic behind it is the same in using the "sporting purposes" language. It's about people becoming acclimated to a right being treated like a privilege.

ADobbs1989

"Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?"

First off, if marijuana was legal, you couldn't possibly be an unlawful user of it. Also, marijuana is not addictive. The question would have to be amended, or the marijuana reference would be a completely moot point.

davidmcbeth

Banned
If a person wants to shove THC into their body or anything else I say : have at it...

what do I care? Portugal allows anything ... drug problems no worse than anywhere else

:p (my expected or predicted response to one who may note my post)

OC for ME

I think it asks if you are addicted to MJ. People will just lie and say they are not addicted. Is MJ even addicting?

It also asks if you are a fugitive from justice and other stupid questions. The form is not about disqualifying people from purchasing firearms. The logic behind it is the same in using the "sporting purposes" language. It's about people becoming acclimated to a right being treated like a privilege.
I know several "burn-outs" who are obviously no addicted to pot.

eye95

"Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?"

First off, if marijuana was legal, you couldn't possibly be an unlawful user of it. Also, marijuana is not addictive. The question would have to be amended, or the marijuana reference would be a completely moot point.

Good disposal of another silly idea.

There are real problems out there to address. Why the OP keeps targeting this silly stuff is beyond me.

sudden valley gunner

There are real problems out there to address. Why the OP keeps targeting this silly stuff is beyond me.

I am not a "pot" user. But I do see the federal government's unconstitutional restriction of a substance someone puts into their own body as a major symptom of of their overreaching. So to me it isn't silly.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I am not a "pot" user. But I do see the federal government's unconstitutional restriction of a substance someone puts into their own body as a major symptom of of their overreaching. So to me it isn't silly.

+1

It's not "silly" at all.

In fact, what's "silly" are folks who can't see beyond their own horizon, and realize that these issues do have the potential to affect everyone.

eye95

I am not a "pot" user. But I do see the federal government's unconstitutional restriction of a substance [bolding mine] someone puts into their own body as a major symptom of of their overreaching. So to me it isn't silly.

That is not the silly idea that I was lamenting from the OP.

The OP's point is silly.

Yours is not. I agree that the feds should not be regulating drugs, except for (very specifically) their interstate commerce. I have no problem with States and localities regulating them.

I only post this to dispel the notion that I said that you disagreement the bolded part is silly. I said no such thing.

Batousaii

100% Agree here. People should have the right to do as they please so long as they are not hurting anyone else. "Pot" could be easily managed simular to beer and whine, and lord knows I've met enough people in my life that are burnt out on those too. So whats the difference? If they are not hurting anyone else, leave em alone.

- I also dont see any connection between legalizing pot, and the Second Amendment.

- I support Liberty.

WalkingWolf

While I do not particularly care about MJ, I do find it silly for you to keep trying to decide what other legitimate members can post about.

ADobbs1989

While I do not particularly care about MJ, I do find it silly for you to keep trying to decide what other legitimate members can post about.

I'll assume it's because the OP's conclusion didn't connect with the reality. As I stated if marijuana was made legal, it would not fit within the question on the form asking if you are an unlawful user of it. The OP's entire premise was that Obama wanted to legalize marijuana that way they would fail the question and no longer be able to purchase firearms. Although members can post about whatever they like, it's usually best to not have your entire post based on a falsehood.

WalkingWolf

I'll assume it's because the OP's conclusion didn't connect with the reality. As I stated if marijuana was made legal, it would not fit within the question on the form asking if you are an unlawful user of it. The OP's entire premise was that Obama wanted to legalize marijuana that way they would fail the question and no longer be able to purchase firearms. Although members can post about whatever they like, it's usually best to not have your entire post based on a falsehood.

While I agree with you that OP was confusing, or just didn't make sense. But eye had options, not read, not post, or do what you just did above. Many times he has good points, but he absolutely blows it by then posting nonsense trying to rule other members. If he wants to moderate he should approach the owners and ask for a job. Otherwise he should just bugger off.

eye95

Exactly.

I am not saying what anyone can or cannot post. I am expressing a judgment about the silliness of the post. If a certain poster doesn't like my expressing such judgments, I'd ask him why he hypocritically feels that he should!

It's actually quite humorous that he does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

sudden valley gunner

That is not the silly idea that I was lamenting from the OP.

The OP's point is silly.

Yours is not. I agree that the feds should not be regulating drugs, except for (very specifically) their interstate commerce. I have no problem with States and localities regulating them.

I only post this to dispel the notion that I said that you disagreement the bolded part is silly. I said no such thing.

This is why Frank discussion is good. And glad you clarified.
I didn't mean my post to be an attack but a jumping off point to clarify my position on the subject and how serious any overstepping of rights may be, and to me all rights are connected we can't fight for one and ignore the others.

beebobby

Not that I agree with the OPs assertion, if pot was legalized and well regulated, it would free up law enforcement for other tasks (like enforcing current firearm laws concerning illegal use) and provide a new tax revenue stream.

WalkingWolf

Not that I agree with the OPs assertion, if pot was legalized and well regulated, it would free up law enforcement for other tasks (like enforcing current firearm laws concerning illegal use) and provide a new tax revenue stream.

If pot AND gun laws were stricken from the books, revenue could be diverted to prisons to actually keep violent criminals locked up. Same for more revenue for mental health facilities.