Thread: We need to see this covered more

We need to see this covered more

We keep hearing about the negatives associated with gun ownership. We need to hear more about the positive outcomes for gun owners

http://www.wset.com/story/21229613/p...-home-invasion

two out of three ain't bad.

Founder's Club Member
    Saw that earlier tonight. Glad the homeowner made it through alive. Hopefully he'll be able to find some peace after this horrible event. Yes he came out well having defended himself and his youngster, but even justly killing people has its effects on a man.

Glad he was prepared. I'll be interested to see the disposition of the 3rd invader if he ever turns up. Be nice to know what this was shooting too.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Too little known at this point IMHO - don't know the "rest of the story" yet. I'll wait.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

There are several websites and facebook pages that post local media reported defensive gun uses from all across the country. It's unfortunate the MSM won't cover these stories, but citizens are getting active and getting the word out.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    Saw that earlier tonight. Glad the homeowner made it through alive. Hopefully he'll be able to find some peace after this horrible event. Yes he came out well having defended himself and his youngster, but even justly killing people has its effects on a man.

Glad he was prepared. I'll be interested to see the disposition of the 3rd invader if he ever turns up. Be nice to know what this was shooting too.
    How do you know this? Have you ever killed someone in a SD encounter?

Mind you, I am not being facetious with this question, nor am I trying to goad you into an argument or anything of the sort. It is an honest question. The reason I pose it is because I see it come up a lot on various websites. I have known a few folks who have had to dispatch someone who was an imminent threat to them and they are fine... at least for all appearances.

Once again, this is an honest question.... not something to cause any arguments or heated discussions.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Founder's Club Member
    No, thankfully I have not had to shoot or kill anyone to this point in my life. I have known or met several people who have shot and killed other people in justified circumstances and some were a mess for a while afterward. I suppose each person responds differently to the trauma of taking the life of another, likely as a result of their own inherent dispositions or mental preparation for the event before the time ever comes.

Note though that I didn't say that a person was made a wreck afterward, I simply said killing another has an effect on a person. What goes on inside a person's mind is not something I'm privy to; but given that people have both memories and consciences I hardly think that stating that taking a significant action, especially of this magnitude, has an effect on a person was a controversial statement.
    Last edited by jmelvin; 02-18-2013 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Add clarity mostly via punctuation.

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    Yes, I too, would like to see how this shakes out over time. Smells like some previous history leading up to this event. I hope someone from that part of Old Virginia keeps us informed and updated here on this thread when more detail and situational background is released.
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Too little known at this point IMHO - don't know the "rest of the story" yet. I'll wait.
    I really miss Paul Harvey.

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by half_life1052 View Post
    I really miss Paul Harvey.
    I don't miss some of his liberal remarks on-air in his later years. Can I quote them right now--no. I just remember being shocked at the time at some stuff I heard him say, that I thought he would never say.
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia Joe View Post
    Yes, I too, would like to see how this shakes out over time. Smells like some previous history leading up to this event. I hope someone from that part of Old Virginia keeps us informed and updated here on this thread when more detail and situational background is released.
    That too is a concern that I share.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by half_life1052 View Post
    We keep hearing about the negatives associated with gun ownership. We need to hear more about the positive outcomes for gun owners

http://www.wset.com/story/21229613/p...-home-invasion

two out of three ain't bad.
    It goes against the narrative the Main Street ***** Houses (press) are pushing; guns are only bad, you don't need a gun, the police will protect you.

Banned
    It is nice to read such accounts .. but the antis just ignore it unfortunately.

Keep posting though ... I enjoy reading these accounts