• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We need to see this covered more

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Saw that earlier tonight. Glad the homeowner made it through alive. Hopefully he'll be able to find some peace after this horrible event. Yes he came out well having defended himself and his youngster, but even justly killing people has its effects on a man.

Glad he was prepared. I'll be interested to see the disposition of the 3rd invader if he ever turns up. Be nice to know what this was shooting too.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Too little known at this point IMHO - don't know the "rest of the story" yet. I'll wait.

Justine

There are several websites and facebook pages that post local media reported defensive gun uses from all across the country. It's unfortunate the MSM won't cover these stories, but citizens are getting active and getting the word out. :lol:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Saw that earlier tonight. Glad the homeowner made it through alive. Hopefully he'll be able to find some peace after this horrible event. Yes he came out well having defended himself and his youngster, but even justly killing people has its effects on a man.

Glad he was prepared. I'll be interested to see the disposition of the 3rd invader if he ever turns up. Be nice to know what this was shooting too.

How do you know this? Have you ever killed someone in a SD encounter?

Mind you, I am not being facetious with this question, nor am I trying to goad you into an argument or anything of the sort. It is an honest question. The reason I pose it is because I see it come up a lot on various websites. I have known a few folks who have had to dispatch someone who was an imminent threat to them and they are fine... at least for all appearances.

Once again, this is an honest question.... not something to cause any arguments or heated discussions.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
No, thankfully I have not had to shoot or kill anyone to this point in my life. I have known or met several people who have shot and killed other people in justified circumstances and some were a mess for a while afterward. I suppose each person responds differently to the trauma of taking the life of another, likely as a result of their own inherent dispositions or mental preparation for the event before the time ever comes.

Note though that I didn't say that a person was made a wreck afterward, I simply said killing another has an effect on a person. What goes on inside a person's mind is not something I'm privy to; but given that people have both memories and consciences I hardly think that stating that taking a significant action, especially of this magnitude, has an effect on a person was a controversial statement.

Last edited:

Old Virginia Joe

Yes, I too, would like to see how this shakes out over time. Smells like some previous history leading up to this event. I hope someone from that part of Old Virginia keeps us informed and updated here on this thread when more detail and situational background is released.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yes, I too, would like to see how this shakes out over time. Smells like some previous history leading up to this event. I hope someone from that part of Old Virginia keeps us informed and updated here on this thread when more detail and situational background is released.

That too is a concern that I share.

F350

davidmcbeth

Banned
It is nice to read such accounts .. but the antis just ignore it unfortunately.

Keep posting though ... I enjoy reading these accounts