Thread: And what punishment should be appropriate for this guy?

earth's crust

And what punishment should be appropriate for this guy?

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) Officials say a Pennsylvania man was arrested at Newark Liberty International Airport after screeners noticed a loaded gun in his carry-on bag.

West Allis, WI
    The prohibition of where firearms can be carried is illegal.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Carry and concealment are two separate issues. The firearm was concealed and not even carried. If he violated a concealment law, I have no sympathy for him. However, I suspect that the OP's ulterior motive has nothing to do with concealment, carry, or even rights in general. I am sure he is getting at a seeming double standard for some folks who claim they "forgot" having a gun in their carry on.

Treating folks differently when they break the law, based solely on a sense of privilege for elected representatives, is a violation of due process and equal treatment.

Nail 'em both, or let 'em both go. Mistakes happen. We ought to be going after criminals with intent.

Northern Nevada, ,
    Tarring and feathering for first offense, hanging for second offense. Assuming you are talking about punishing the guy who restrained the liberty of the person bearing a firearm, thus depriving him of his RKBA.