Thread: New member in N.C.

New member in N.C.

Hi, just wanted to make a newbie post, I live in Catawba county N.C., Im interested in OC. I have previously held a CHP in N.C. back in the 20th century, but allowed it to lapse, (stupidly) I think I was short on $$$ at the time. But I have recently went to a CHP class in Jan'13 an patiently awaiting my new CHP.

So, when I was in my early 20's I did carry concealed religiously, my fav being a Glock 20, but I would also carry a Beretta 22lr (bobcat I believe) with a few extra mags, just in case. With that said, I have NEVER once carried a pistol in OC style, on my person. I have driven to ranges, etc etc with it on the passenger seat in the car of course. But I will be honest, I am a little apprehensive in carrying my pistol open on my belt in public.

I believe my concern is because my lack of knowledge of OC R&R's in N.C., especially in these days and ages of everybody playing "tattle tale" and causing trouble for no real reason. So, I definitely will study OC legal practices in N.C. before I attempt it.

Well, anyways, nice to be a member, and look forward to learning and sharing as much as possible!

-Jeff

Uh, maybe go to the NC state thread, and do some reading? Just a thought, but welcome to OCDO anyway.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Uh, maybe go to the NC state thread, and do some reading? Just a thought, but welcome to OCDO anyway.
    I have been, thanks. Its a lot to take in, and Im not in a hurry.

Welcome to OCDO, yes you should take this thread to NC forums.

I to once had a permit, because I never concealed and a new federal law, I let it lapse. I always OC when I carry, I hope you get your feet wet OCing. Before the concealed law the only way to carry was OC, and back then there were a lot more OCers. The trend is returning, and as far as I have seen accepted in most areas of NC. Just learn where you cannot carry and you should be fine, and can save a lot of money on the privilege card.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Welcome to OCDO! I carry openly in Catawba and surrounds a few times a year, as my parents live in Catawba. I've never had any issues there.

Talking

The wife and I just spent a couple of weeks in Catawba County with her sister and bro-in-law. Sure 'nuff pretty little ol' place y'all got down there. I just wish y'all could straighten out some of those roads.

We were just off Campbell Road, near Maiden. Maybe you heard us shooting a couple of Sunday's ago.