• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Remember these names

RockyMtnScotsman

burn them into your memory, print this image and send it to every Colorado freedom lover you know

20130218__board~p1.jpg

rushcreek2

The right of NO PERSON to keep & bear arms in defense of their home, person, property, and the state apparently IS is being called into question..................NOT voting AGAINST this bill brings into question their own oath to uphold the Colorado Constitution.

Last edited:

RockyMtnScotsman

time to move out of this state...

that's our plan too - but not yet. There are a number of countermeasure being discussed against these bills not the least of which involve recall of the "representatives". To me, the bellwether is whether or not the voters re-elect these "people" in 2014 in light of these events. If they do, then Yes - we're leaving too because the californication of Colorado will only get worse.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I thought it was a vote tally of folks who wished to declare themselves enemies of the people ... but it was about some stupid unconstitutional mag ban ... I guess its the same.

Fascists did well in WWII .. especially at the end

Saxxon

Buckner also voted for the mag ban. It was 43 to 31 in the end. There are a couple of Democrats that did vote against it, Vigil and Lebsock are two of them, there may be one other.

PFC HALE

30rds or 15rds... it only takes one to kill. these idiots need to be removed.

detroit_fan

you guys are getting screwed. when democrats have full control over a legislature this is what happens. hopefully the good people of CO have seen the light and will throw these bums out. I always wanted to move to CO, or at least visit, but now it's starting to look like California East.

i hope you guys have some good state level orgs to help in this fight, it seems to be happening at a rapid pace.

Tactical9mm

Guys,

Magpul Industries Corp, a great Colorado company (where I have several friends) is going to relocate out of the State if this crap the legislature is doing crosses the finish line.

The cost to the Colorado economy will be well over 600 jobs.

There was a local article put up a few days ago, which I will link here. I also recommend checking the official company twitter feeds for official statements from the Magpul management.

http://kdvr.com/2013/02/13/colorado...ced-to-move-lawmakers-restrict-gun-magazines/

Hope this does not occur, and things don't go south in Colorado.

Let's hope the Senate stops the insanity.

PFC HALE

barettaidiot, i cant read your nonsense (you are ignored) so stop talking it is useless now.

rushcreek2

Oooops !!! Aparently the mentally deranged copy-cat Sandy Hook mass-murderer Adam Lanza had hoped to top the body count of the mentally deranged Brevik in Norway. His ultimate goal was to kill everyone in that school that he chose because it was the closest, easiest target where many people would be clustered ( and defenseless). He also conditioned himself for this crime by spending hours on violent video games. This according to law enforcement investigation of the crime.

Guess what -? the NRA was right.

I think I hear the hissssss of steam being released from the gun-ban steam-rollers in Denver, Washington, D.C., and the other nanny-states across the country.

Perhaps the steam-roller can now be redirected towards addressing how to best treat, and institutionalize mentally deranged violent sociopaths, rather than exploiting them, and their victims to create more victims through gun-bans.

Last edited:

Saxxon

No surprise on Lanza, thats a common thread with all these dirtbags, they just want a "blaze of glory" as they commit suicide on top of a pile of bodies higher than the one before.

Other common elements are:

Gun free zone
SSRI psychotropic like Prozac, Zoloft etc
Liberal person with mental illness (well, one begets the other).

luv_jeeps

Campaign Veteran
Here's the letter I sent to a whole bunch of folks last week, and the one response I have received so far.

The Honorable Steve Lebsock
> Colorado House of Representatives
> 200 East Colfax Avenue
> Denver, CO 80203
>
>
> Representative Lebsock:
>
> I am asking that you not pass any of the pending legislation in the House
> of Representatives, and the Senate of Colorado. As a law abiding citizen
> of this state, these bills will do nothing to stop crime, increase public
> safety and will only turn law abiding citizens into defenseless victims.
>
> With the proposed magazine limits, what happens when a citizen from
> another state wants to move to Colorado, and they have magazines with more
> that 15 rounds? Do they have to sell them? Turn them in?
>
> I am also completely opposed to having to pay for a background check to
> exercise my second amendment. This makes it a tax, period.
>
> My Wife and I have made a decision to unfortunately leave this great state
> which I have called home for 46 years, and take our xxx(removed by me) thousand dollar
> annual incomes and associated taxes that help support Colorado to another
> state should these draconian bills pass. Because we work in the
> information technology field, we have the luxury of being able to work
> from wherever we like.
>
> These bills are nothing but feel good measures, and you should all be
> ashamed that you are using the horrific and evil tragedies at Sandy Hook
> and Aurora to further your useless legislation.
>
> You let the people of Colorado vote to legalize marijuana. Why not let
> the people of Colorado vote on these measures? Because they won't pass.
>
> Just remember what happened in 1994.
>
> Sincerely,

Me.

And the response I received.

Hello xxx,

On Monday morning, after listening to the voices of hundreds of citizens, I
took a moderate, reasonable approach to the gun legislation proposals. All
four passed the House and will going to the Senate for consideration. Below
is how I voted.
HB1228-YES. I voted yes because this is a personal responsibility bill. If
I want to purchase a firearm, I should pay for the CBI background check.
Your tax dollars should not be used to pay for my background check.
HB1229-YES. I voted yes on reasonable background checks that do not violate
our second amendment rights. Current Colorado law requires background
checks. This law expands reasonable background checks to all firearm sales
in Colorado.
HB1226-NO. I voted no as current Colorado law allows for concealed carry
permits and I support law abiding citizens rights and current Colorado law.
HB1224-NO. I voted no as current Colorado law allows citizens to purchase
ammunition legally for their firearms. I support sportsmen, target shooters
and law abiding citizens right to purchase magazines for their legal
firearms.

Steve

Saxxon

Steve Lebsock is my Rep also. Though I do have concerns about the two he did vote for, ultimately if they are done properly I wouldn't object to them either. He voted NO on the two that have no merits what-so-ever 1224 and 1226.

1229 - Background checks, the concern is that to have background checks on all transfers a registration would be required. Agreed, that is bad. But if no registration is put in place, personally I'd prefer to have someone buying a gun from me go thru a check to provide a legal severence of my responsibility for the firearm on file at the place of transfer (ie the gun store). CBI destroys the records after 24 on the checks, does the bill change that? I don't think at present it does, the issue raised was that its unenforceable without some campanion legislation that WOULD be the objectionable registration requirement to establish a date of ownership. So the bill is a waste of time overall, that justifies them doing something worse later.

1228 - Fees for background checks. In part its a yawner to me since I can afford it. But as I pionted out to him, poll taxes were considered illegal because they taxed a right and created an economic barrier to the poor in exercise of a right. So on that basis, this would be challenged resulting in either upholding in which case the precedent on poll taxes are overturned, or it would be struck down and cost the state a pile of money. If the costs of the background check were instituted at another pont though, they wouldn't have that challenge. IE, at the manufacturer or dealer as a cost added feature. The issue here is that it (background check) generates an action by the state that costs money, that money has to come from somewhere and the way Colorado works is in such a case the fee is normally charged to the user. IE why we have to pay camping permits in public parks. I frankly don't like that either due to the amount of the cost, but that is how their governing philosophy works on budget items.

Overall I wouldn't crucify Mr. Lebsock on his votes. I talked to him at length when he campaigned in my neighborhood and so far he's been fair to his word, if not perhaps as uncompromising on some issues as I'd prefer. There are far more dangerous legislators to our freedoms then he that need to go.

davidmcbeth

Banned
For the average person it would take several shots to stop one, and dozens to stop several.

If your good you can kill 2 with one !

No really Saxxon is correct .... that's why their arguments to limit rds in mags is poppycock.
All it does is make the person who has a small capacity mag less likely to survive when the gun is needed. Everyone knows this.