Thread: Kesselrings is anti-gun?

Kesselrings is anti-gun?

I drove up to Kesselrings today to try and get some reloading supplies. I noticed a big sign on their front door, which I don't remember from last time I visited. "Aboslutely no loaded firearms".

Has anyone else been there recently? Did I misread something??? I sent them an e-mail to clarify their policy but until then guess I won't be buying anything from there.

Scott
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

I stopped going there a few years ago, there just anti-people!

I just get back from Skagit Arms, where people appreciate the customer.
    Last edited by jbone; 02-18-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    I stopped going there a few years ago, there just anti-people!

I just get back from Skagit Arms, where people appreciate the customer.

Wow , I have received some of the worst service ever at Skagit, not to mention their high prices. Glad they work for you.
    If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege.
    --- Arkansas Supreme Court, Wilson v. State (1878)

Re: Kesselrings is anti-gun?

Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    Wow , I have received some of the worst service ever at Skagit, not to mention their high prices. Glad they work for you.
    Skagit's service has been hit it or miss for me. Never terrible, but sometimes not friendly. Today the guy I spoke to was super friendly, had a lot of good reloading advice. I could have done with a little less swearing though. I've only bought reloading stuff there and the prices aren't terrible.

I've got an email in to Keith and will try to get this issue resolved.

I went in there one time looking for a magazine for a high point carbine and the guy behind the counter actually told me they don't deal in "junk" guns apparently they don't need my business so I haven't been back since.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    I went in there one time looking for a magazine for a high point carbine and the guy behind the counter actually told me they don't deal in "junk" guns apparently they don't need my business so I haven't been back since.
    Marys Pistols in Tacoma has the mags in stock if you ever need more.

I really don't see how that sign makes them anti-gun. How do you define anti-gun?

I've bought from Skagit Arms a few times, I can't call them outstandingly friendly, but they aren't what I would call overly rude either and I don't recall any signs being on their doors.

per Kesselrings policy I just received:
    This is correct. Unless you are lawfully concealing (i.e. with a permit). However, if you will be taking it out of the holster or showing it to anyone it must be unloaded. Lately we've had some unsafe situations that have sparked this new policy.

I asked for clarification on the Open Carry policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Starks View Post
    per Kesselrings policy I just received:
    This is correct. Unless you are lawfully concealing (i.e. with a permit). However, if you will be taking it out of the holster or showing it to anyone it must be unloaded. Lately we've had some unsafe situations that have sparked this new policy.

I asked for clarification on the Open Carry policy.
    Bill,

They sent me the PDF of their policy.

section 4 says:

"If customers are carrying their own handgun for personal protection and it is concealed, it must stay that way. Handguns should not be unconcealed, displayed, or un-holstered in the store unless customers are working with a KGS employee. If it is being carried openly in areas where it is legal, the firearm must remain holstered, and they should not be handling it to avoid alarming any customer or employees."

Keith said they would correct the sign so it wasn't misleading. Thanks for sending out the e-mail.

Scott

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    Bill,

section 4 says:

"If customers are carrying their own handgun for personal protection and it is concealed, it must stay that way. Handguns should not be unconcealed, displayed, or un-holstered in the store unless customers are working with a KGS employee. If it is being carried openly in areas where it is legal, the firearm must remain holstered, and they should not be handling it to avoid alarming any customer or employees."

Keith said they would correct the sign so it wasn't misleading. Thanks for sending out the e-mail.

Scott
    Good News.

I did NOT want to have to add them to my growing Do Not Patronize list,

I just look for ammo whenever I'm there. usually .38 Special or .22 LR is what I purchase. I did net a deal on some LE Grade Low-Recoil Buckshot Shells last month.

Sigguy23 and I were up there a few weeks back looking for HD Shotguns. When I saw the price, I started laughing and said: "I bet you a quarter you'll find a better price at Big 5!", He declined to gamble since he knew I had better odds.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." George Patton

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Yea this had been discussed some time back, their policy was for guns brought in to work on or sell, I've talked to the folks in their they have no problem with OC.

There are a couple of "rudish" workers though, I don't talk to those ones and talk to the friendlier faces.

Haven't been there in a few months although they are right down the road from me.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    Bill,

section 4 says:

Scott
    New Policy is same as the Old. If you have a holstered gun they don't care until you take it out of the holster.

They've had more than their share of "expert gun handlers" show up with rifles for trade or repair and when the Employee opens the action, clunk, a live round hits the counter/floor.

I've been dealing with Kesselrings for well over 40 years now and found that if you aren't being an a-hole, neither will they. It's funny how people complain about their prices yet the store is constantly busy and guns/ammo/supplies/accessories just keep moving through there. Has been that way since 1947. Amazing how a store that bad can do so good.

Bought my last 4 firearms there and not only did they have what I wanted IN STOCK, the prices were the same as if I'd gone to a shop that "would order it for me".

No, they don't deal much with Hi-Point or Kel-Tec. Just CZ, Sig, S&W, Remington, Tika, Sako, etc.
    Last edited by amlevin; 02-19-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    New Policy is same as the Old. If you have a holstered gun they don't care until you take it out of the holster.

They've had more than their share of "expert gun handlers" show up with rifles for trade or repair and when the Employee opens the action, clunk, a live round hits the counter/floor.

I've been dealing with Kesselrings for well over 40 years now and found that if you aren't being an a-hole, neither will they. It's funny how people complain about their prices yet the store is constantly busy and guns/ammo/supplies/accessories just keep moving through there. Has been that way since 1947. Amazing how a store that bad can do so good.

Bought my last 4 firearms there and not only did they have what I wanted IN STOCK, the prices were the same as if I'd gone to a shop that "would order it for me".

No, they don't deal much with Hi-Point or Kel-Tec. Just CZ, Sig, S&W, Remington, Tika, Sako, etc.
    I have had similar experience, their prices always seemed fair or in the ball park, and every once in awhile can get a used one for a real good price.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Sorry, every time I see Kesselring, I think of the Italian Campaign...I guess it's all context...

I think the "confusion" stems from the time a few years ago that a member of this forum went in open carrying and an employee went off in his face about how it was illegal. May not have been store policy but it didn't result in people on this board being comfortable shopping there. Glad to hear they have clarified their official policy and hopefully they also train their employees better.