• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kesselrings is anti-gun?

skeith5

I drove up to Kesselrings today to try and get some reloading supplies. I noticed a big sign on their front door, which I don't remember from last time I visited. "Aboslutely no loaded firearms".

Has anyone else been there recently? Did I misread something??? I sent them an e-mail to clarify their policy but until then guess I won't be buying anything from there.

Scott

jbone

I stopped going there a few years ago, there just anti-people!

I just get back from Skagit Arms, where people appreciate the customer.

Last edited:

223to45

I stopped going there a few years ago, there just anti-people!

I just get back from Skagit Arms, where people appreciate the customer.

Wow , I have received some of the worst service ever at Skagit, not to mention their high prices. Glad they work for you.

skeith5

Wow , I have received some of the worst service ever at Skagit, not to mention their high prices. Glad they work for you.

Skagit's service has been hit it or miss for me. Never terrible, but sometimes not friendly. Today the guy I spoke to was super friendly, had a lot of good reloading advice. I could have done with a little less swearing though. I've only bought reloading stuff there and the prices aren't terrible.

Samantha

I went in there one time looking for a magazine for a high point carbine and the guy behind the counter actually told me they don't deal in "junk" guns apparently they don't need my business so I haven't been back since.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I went in there one time looking for a magazine for a high point carbine and the guy behind the counter actually told me they don't deal in "junk" guns apparently they don't need my business so I haven't been back since.

Marys Pistols in Tacoma has the mags in stock if you ever need more.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
per Kesselrings policy I just received:
This is correct. Unless you are lawfully concealing (i.e. with a permit). However, if you will be taking it out of the holster or showing it to anyone it must be unloaded. Lately we've had some unsafe situations that have sparked this new policy.

I asked for clarification on the Open Carry policy.

skeith5

per Kesselrings policy I just received:
This is correct. Unless you are lawfully concealing (i.e. with a permit). However, if you will be taking it out of the holster or showing it to anyone it must be unloaded. Lately we've had some unsafe situations that have sparked this new policy.

I asked for clarification on the Open Carry policy.

Bill,

They sent me the PDF of their policy.

section 4 says:

"If customers are carrying their own handgun for personal protection and it is concealed, it must stay that way. Handguns should not be unconcealed, displayed, or un-holstered in the store unless customers are working with a KGS employee. If it is being carried openly in areas where it is legal, the firearm must remain holstered, and they should not be handling it to avoid alarming any customer or employees."

Keith said they would correct the sign so it wasn't misleading. Thanks for sending out the e-mail.

Scott

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
Bill,

section 4 says:

"If customers are carrying their own handgun for personal protection and it is concealed, it must stay that way. Handguns should not be unconcealed, displayed, or un-holstered in the store unless customers are working with a KGS employee. If it is being carried openly in areas where it is legal, the firearm must remain holstered, and they should not be handling it to avoid alarming any customer or employees."

Keith said they would correct the sign so it wasn't misleading. Thanks for sending out the e-mail.

Scott

Good News.

I did NOT want to have to add them to my growing Do Not Patronize list,

FMJ 911

I just look for ammo whenever I'm there. usually .38 Special or .22 LR is what I purchase. I did net a deal on some LE Grade Low-Recoil Buckshot Shells last month.

Sigguy23 and I were up there a few weeks back looking for HD Shotguns. When I saw the price, I started laughing and said: "I bet you a quarter you'll find a better price at Big 5!", He declined to gamble since he knew I had better odds.

sudden valley gunner

Yea this had been discussed some time back, their policy was for guns brought in to work on or sell, I've talked to the folks in their they have no problem with OC.

There are a couple of "rudish" workers though, I don't talk to those ones and talk to the friendlier faces.

Haven't been there in a few months although they are right down the road from me.

amlevin

Bill,

section 4 says:

Scott

New Policy is same as the Old. If you have a holstered gun they don't care until you take it out of the holster.

They've had more than their share of "expert gun handlers" show up with rifles for trade or repair and when the Employee opens the action, clunk, a live round hits the counter/floor.

I've been dealing with Kesselrings for well over 40 years now and found that if you aren't being an a-hole, neither will they. It's funny how people complain about their prices yet the store is constantly busy and guns/ammo/supplies/accessories just keep moving through there. Has been that way since 1947. Amazing how a store that bad can do so good.

Bought my last 4 firearms there and not only did they have what I wanted IN STOCK, the prices were the same as if I'd gone to a shop that "would order it for me".

No, they don't deal much with Hi-Point or Kel-Tec. Just CZ, Sig, S&W, Remington, Tika, Sako, etc.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

New Policy is same as the Old. If you have a holstered gun they don't care until you take it out of the holster.

They've had more than their share of "expert gun handlers" show up with rifles for trade or repair and when the Employee opens the action, clunk, a live round hits the counter/floor.

I've been dealing with Kesselrings for well over 40 years now and found that if you aren't being an a-hole, neither will they. It's funny how people complain about their prices yet the store is constantly busy and guns/ammo/supplies/accessories just keep moving through there. Has been that way since 1947. Amazing how a store that bad can do so good.

Bought my last 4 firearms there and not only did they have what I wanted IN STOCK, the prices were the same as if I'd gone to a shop that "would order it for me".

No, they don't deal much with Hi-Point or Kel-Tec. Just CZ, Sig, S&W, Remington, Tika, Sako, etc.

I have had similar experience, their prices always seemed fair or in the ball park, and every once in awhile can get a used one for a real good price.

heresolong

I think the "confusion" stems from the time a few years ago that a member of this forum went in open carrying and an employee went off in his face about how it was illegal. May not have been store policy but it didn't result in people on this board being comfortable shopping there. Glad to hear they have clarified their official policy and hopefully they also train their employees better.