• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Day of Resistance Rallies this Saturday 2-23-2013 in Florence and Knob Creek Range

Cottonbaler

[size=+1]Day of Resistance[/size]

"On January 16, 2013, President Barack Obama issued 23 executive actions against your 2nd amendment Constitutional right to bear arms. He did this without the consent of Congress which in itself, violates the foundation of the Constitution and the co-equal branches of government.

In response to these unconstitutional actions by the President, on .223, February 23, 2013 the American people will stand together in defiance to protect the right that protects ALL of our rights, the 2nd Amendment! They will organize locally so that they may band together neighbor to neighbor and reassert their community's right to determine their own destiny!"

Rally locations in Kentucky (Scroll down):

Florence Day of Resistance Meeting
Location: BlueStar Building, 24 Spiral Dr, Florence, KY (behind Guitar Center and Babies R Us)
Time: TBD
Sponsoring Organization:
Organizer Contact: Emily Shelton emily@emilyshelton.com
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BooneCoKyDayOfResistance?fref=ts

Louisville Day of Resistance Rally
Time: High Noon
Sponsoring Organization:
Organizer Contact: Taylor Piercefield tpiercefield@hotmail.com
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/LouisvilleDayofResistance

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

I've a friend in L-Ville PD; simply from what she mentioned about the lil 'day of resistance' made me decide that I wouldn't touch that gathering if I had a twenty foot pole. [Aside from my friend] I don't like LEO's, and I especially don't like Fed LEO's.

Have fun in the spy event! Besides, The idea of having to disarm just to attend a pro-gun event at KC, is laughable, and yet very very sad; Its why I stopped going to KC. [Disarm, as in, you can't carry concealed, nor carry loaded, at KC, and an unloaded gun is as useless as teats on a bull.]

self preservation

I've a friend in L-Ville PD; simply from what she mentioned about the lil 'day of resistance' made me decide that I wouldn't touch that gathering if I had a twenty foot pole. [Aside from my friend] I don't like LEO's, and I especially don't like Fed LEO's.

Have fun in the spy event! Besides, The idea of having to disarm just to attend a pro-gun event at KC, is laughable, and yet very very sad; Its why I stopped going to KC. [Disarm, as in, you can't carry concealed, nor carry loaded, at KC, and an unloaded gun is as useless as teats on a bull.]

So what did your friend tell you that made you not like these events?

DrakeZ07

So what did your friend tell you that made you not like these events?

The event will be crawling with KSP and DHS out of uniform, taking notes on anyone who appears too "extremist". Normally I wouldn't care if I was told that by a fellow civilian... but when a Cop I know tells it to me out of concern for my safety, then I take heed, and read into their words. Not saying much else publicly, my friend has helped me realize why I shouldn't speak so freely on public viewed boards like this...

But I'm not discouraging others from attending, enjoy it and stuff.

Toodles~

Nomad08

Someone said on face book that they where having one at Borders Sporting Goods near Ashland,Ky tomorrow at 12.

Cottonbaler

Great rally at KCR today.

At the beginning I counted over 125 but people were still streaming in. First two speakers were WGTK radio personality Jim Coyle and Bruce Gooden, owner of Okolona Barber Shop (an outspoken proponent of OC). I left after Bruce spoke and there were still people walking over to the rally.

The event was sponsored by the Bullitt County Tea Party. A good number of people were OCing slung rifles and/or holstered sidearms. I was impressed by the dozen families that brought their kids out to the rally.

Any reports from Florence?