• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thank you -Cato Institute

eye95

This was posted in the Washington Forum. I suggested that it be moved here since it has much broader appeal than just in Washington, but it never got moved. So I'm sorry for the duplicated thread:

If you have not seen it yet-
the well respected CATO institute is backing the facts and building an interactive map database for DGU's by citizens to counter the misinformation being spouted by the anti's

http://www.cato.org/guns-and-self-defense

Check it out and add to it.

I added the recent Fairborn home invasion and the Kennesaw Waffle House foiled armed robbery.

beebobby

I never understood the NRA's opposition to gathering data on all gun usage, criminal as well as lawful. I think more info on DGUs would help our cause. I do understand that data can be a double edged sword.

eye95

When we don't put the data out there, we relinquish control of the message to those who will. I don't want the antis framing the message unchallenged.

Folks, check your States. If you know of a DGU that is not posted for your State, adding it is easy.

Let's hit this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Firearms Iinstuctor

I never understood the NRA's opposition to gathering data on all gun usage, criminal as well as lawful. I think more info on DGUs would help our cause. I do understand that data can be a double edged sword.

It depends a lot on who's gathering the data and how they spin it. When you have Anti gun goverment agencys doing so with the purpose of destroying the 2nd amendment. Thats where the opposition comes from.

It wasn't really been utill the last 10 to 15 years that we have been able to get the facts out there.

When the MSM was completely in control of the news they only reported the facts that were anti gun. Now were are able to counter act with the internet and some talk radio their lies.

The MSM hardly ever reports a progun use story sure they would throw a bone out once in a great while just so they could say see we report progun stories, But 99 percent were anti gun stories.

Now we have great internet sites that we can use to the word out wasn't always like that.

The NRA over the years has tried to buy air time on the MSN but has always been turned down.

eye95

Back to the topic, let's hit this site. Make sure that all DGUs in your area have been reported.

<o>

eye95

They're all anecdotal. The question is can the anecdote be verified. LEA's are just one way of verifying, admittedly, probably the easiest and best way.

Folks, get with the program! ;)

<o>