• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Son of SB 59 Introduced

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheQ

The "Son of SB 59" has been dropped (legislative speak for introduced). The bill number should be published within the next day.

The new SB 59 will:

1. Eliminate all PFZs (no additional training required) except K-12 schools, hospitals, and churches will remain as PFZs.
2. Move CPL issuance to the Michigan State Police. County Clerk shall remain the point of application and issuance.
3. Reduce the price of CPL by $15 to $90. Fingerprints will not be required for a renewal. First time issuance shall get their fingerprints taken by a law enforcement agency who may charge you up to $15 for fingerprinting. Net effect is a renewal will cost you $15 less.
4. Remaining PFZs (K-12 schools, hospitals, and churches) will be able to "opt-in" to allow people to conceal carry, much like what is available at present for churches.

The newly introduced bill will NOT (unlike SB 59):
1. Require any additional new training.
2. Compromise Open Carry

Michigan Open Carry, Inc. is proud to partner with Senator Green (Bill sponsor) and his office. We will be behind him, giving him the needed grass roots support.

detroit_fan

I know many here will be against this "compromise", but I think it's a pretty good bill overall. The question is how many concessions will snyder want to even consider it?

casper

Am I reading this right ? The state police dept will aprove or deny the CPL ? If so that's better news for me, cause Ottawa county has it in for me for some reason.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Am I reading this right ? The state police dept will aprove or deny the CPL ? If so that's better news for me, cause Ottawa county has it in for me for some reason.

It appears so, however from what Q posted it is still up to them to hand it off to you. Do not be startled if it gets lost at their office -"somehow"? Overall from what's been posted this bill looks good. Hope RINO Rick does not veto it...

TheQ

300 posts of butthurt in prior threads now only 9 posts on this one?

Guess it took wind out of many sails...

DanM

300 posts of butthurt in prior threads now only 9 posts on this one?

Guess it took wind out of many sails...

The bill seems relatively non-controversial at this point. Where there's little controversy, there's little wind of dissent blowing. Is there something really controversial about the bill that we missed?

TheQ

The bill seems relatively non-controversial at this point. Where there's little controversy, there's little wind of dissent blowing. Is there something really controversial about the bill that we missed?

Forgot to mention, it eliminates all unlicensed OC.....

Last edited:

DanM

AND can we please retire "butt hurt", it is a stupid sounding phrase.

I like it. It's funny and makes me laugh when I see it. I own it, too. Proud to say I get butthurt about the prospect of losing gun rights. D*mn right, I do! :)

I think if *every* gun owner got butthurt and, as a result, got vocal with their representatives and maybe even active in gun rights, we would have a much larger army of advocates than we do now, and we could do a lot more things to both advance gun rights and stop threats to it.

I'm all for butthurt. It does wonders to motivate people. We need more of it in the gun owner population.

TheQ

Secrecy does that, get everything out in the open and everyone is happy!

The nature of my work requires I not say everything I know. I'm sure you'd like to hear all or nothing. Others may like to hear what I can say of what I know when I can say it.

AND can we please retire "butt hurt", it is a stupid sounding phrase.

I'll stop using the phrase, if ppl stop with the butthurt.

TheQ

I think if *every* gun owner got butthurt and, as a result, got vocal with their representatives and maybe even active in gun rights, we would have a much larger army of advocates than we do now, and we could do a lot more things to both advance gun rights and stop threats to it.

Agreed. Sad fact is: most people are lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.