• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Son of SB 59 Introduced

Status
Not open for further replies.

casper

Yes. All OC without a CPL will be an instant felony. I hear they are planning to bring back capital punishment in Michigan just for this crime.
Please tell me that's sarcasim. I don't have a CPL, so I was going to open carry for a while.

TheQ

Please tell me that's sarcasim. I don't have a CPL, so I was going to open carry for a while.

Do you prefer:
  • Lethal Injection
  • Gas Chamber
  • Electric Chair
  • Firing Squad
  • Beheading

Your pick -- they are being quite generous.

Evidently you missed the memo on purple?

detroit_fan

Do you prefer:
  • Lethal Injection
  • Gas Chamber
  • Electric Chair
  • Firing Squad
  • Beheading

is there no option for execution by elephant like they use to do in SE Asia? If not, there is no way I can support this bill!

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

I learned long ago that if I didn't bend over I'd not get "butt hurt".

casper

Do you prefer:
  • Lethal Injection
  • Gas Chamber
  • Electric Chair
  • Firing Squad
  • Beheading

Don't know about purple, but I'll bet I'm being laughed at.

Ezerharden

Do you prefer:
  • Lethal Injection
  • Gas Chamber
  • Electric Chair
  • Firing Squad
  • Beheading

What happened to public hanging?

Last edited:

xmanhockey7

Unless it gives us Constitutional Carry with no PFZs and eliminates every other oppressive gun law in the state I'm against it. All or nothing I say.

TheQ

I have yet to hear that. Who is it saying that?

You'll find many examples here:

https://www.facebook.com/MichiganOpenCarry/posts/10151329674546234

"they need to add hospitals. How many people (single moms especially) end up in the emergency room at 2 am with a sick child and are forced to be a victim because they cant carry their gun into the hospital. Have you ever visited someone in the hospital and go out to the parking garage shortly after 9pm and find that security is nowhere to be found. Im not very impressed with this bill at all. Better than nothing? maybe, but not by much."

"So it will not do any thing.....! Not good legislation at all. We need to end "gun free zones""

And here:

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=213893&page=41 (Start reading after post 406) Post 431 is a good example.

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1946954&postcount=431

Bronson

While I understand that compromises will need to be made I don't understand why they are written into the bill right off the bat. What is the reasoning for not presenting the exact bill we want and negotiate down from there. What's the saying? "Shoot for the stars and settle for the moon." Why not present a bill that is just a straight repeal of all pistol free zones and then concede a few individual zones in negotiations?

Bronson

bigt8261

While I understand that compromises will need to be made I don't understand why they are written into the bill right off the bat. What is the reasoning for not presenting the exact bill we want and negotiate down from there. What's the saying? "Shoot for the stars and settle for the moon." Why not present a bill that is just a straight repeal of all pistol free zones and then concede a few individual zones in negotiations?

Bronson

The problem with this is it's linear thinking. Once you bring in related yet separate issues, things change. Look at SB 59. SB 59 started with only good, then more was added to it. Later, a lot of bad (banning OC in PFZs) was added to it on top of scaling back some of the good.

Think of it like this. You're in Lansing and would like to get to Mackinac. Somewhere along the line you end up in Flint. Yes according to one measure (moving north) you have made progress, but according to other measures (you're in FLINT!) you are worse off.

Sometimes if a tree grows too fast it falls over. I believe this is what happened to SB 59.

Status
Not open for further replies.