• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2013 NV legislative Session

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
I am assembling information about bills in the Nevada 2013 Legislative Session.

Here is a table I am trying to keep up to date, describing the effects of these bills and their progress:
http://armsinfo.com/nevada/bills2013.htm

Remember to contact your assemblymen and senators, and also leave comments to the legislature here:
https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/77th2013/A/

Since SB221 was approved, it is up to the governor to veto it.

We need to call the governor and respond on his phone poll, send him an e-mail, write on his facebook, his twitter, etc.

Some links and phone numbers on the Nevada Shooters thread:
http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=42676

Pachinko Pistola said:
URGENT! Contact Governor Brian Sandoval through all means possible and urge him to VETO SB221. ACT NOW!

Call: 775-684-5670 to urge his veto (choose option #2)
E-mail: http://gov.nv.gov/contact/governor/
FAX: 775-684-5683 (if you don't have a fax machine, use http://faxzero.com)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrianSandoval
Twitter: @GovSandoval (include hashtag #SB221)

DEAD:
SB396 (DEAD) - Assault Weapon Ban, Private transfer background checks, metal-penetrating bullet ban
AB234 (DEAD) - Private transfer background checks, metal-penetrating bullet ban, tracer bullet ban, gun and ammo taxes
AB232 (DEAD) - Constitutional Carry
SB137 (DEAD)- Constitutional Carry, Preemption Enhancement
AB340 (DEAD)- Preemption Bill, Mixed Effects
AB235 (DEAD)- Weapons in vehicle on campus
AB143 (DEAD)- Campus carry
SB223 (DEAD)- Employee Campus Carry
AB70 (DEAD)- Castle Doctrine Enhancement (Including Vehicles)
AB196 (DEAD)- Requires the Attorney General to sue if Executive Orders violate the 2nd Amendment
SB277 (DEAD) - Restrictions on sale of firearms to certain persons admitted to mental health facilities
AB195 (DEAD) - Early CFP Renewal (To avoid background check fees)
SB226 (DEAD) - qualify with 1 handgun & carry any, bans ccw of semiauto/revolver rifles, bans ccw of antique handguns, Requires "CCW" on Driver's license or ID. Amended to no longer improve preemption laws.

Survivors:
SB221 - Private transfer background checks, psychiatrist ordered gun bans.

SB76 - qualify with 1 handgun & carry any, bans ccw of semiauto/revolver rifles, bans ccw of antique handguns

SB18 - Modifies the law regarding drilling and parading with arms as a military company to only restrict "voluntary" organizations rather than all organizations. <-- Most won't notice the change here unless you are part of a local militia or something of that nature.

SB213 - Changes provisions related to traps

SB136 - Specifies that a public officer or a person aiding him can use lethal force in defense against an imminent threat to life.

Last edited:

john-in-reno

NAVYBLUE

I am assembling information about bills in the Nevada 2013 Legislative Session.

Here is a table I am trying to keep up to date, describing the effects of these bills and their progress:
http://armsinfo.com/nevada/bills2013.htm

Remember to contact your assemblymen and senators, and also leave comments to the legislature here:
https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/77th2013/A/

Some important bills:

AB143 - Campus Carry

SB76 - Concealed Weapon Types / Qualification

SB18 - Parading with Arms

BDR 915 - Firearms (Assemblyman Horne)

AB70 - Expansion of Justifiable Homicide

SB137 - Constitutional Carry / Eliminating Clark's Registration Scheme

BDR 15-38 - Firearms

BDR 15-216 - Possession of Weapons

BDR 15-446 - Firearms

BDR 20-643 - Uniform Firearm Regulation

BDR 15--685 - Concealed Firearms

BDR 931 - Assault Weapons, Registration, Armor Piercing Bullets, Private Sales

BDR 1062 - Firearms

Outstanding job !!!!!!

NAVYBLUE

CowboyKen

Does anyone know what the NVFAC's position is on each of these? Which ones are they working the hardest on? Who is doing the lobbying?

Who else is working for, or against, any of these particular bills?

I'd like to know how it is going.

Ken

BBJCaptain

Great Job!!! I am stuck out of the country for the next 2 mths and it is good to see that you are
keeping an eye on what is going on. They start the new session today right?

BBJ

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Thanks for the kind words, all.

I haven't heard from the NVFAC.

As with last time, Chairman Horne may be one of the biggest obstacles if he refuses to allow a vote on pro-gun bills in his committee. Last time he refused a vote on campus carry, which seems a conflict of interest seeing as how he is an adjunct professor at UNLV.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Thanks for the kind words, all.

I haven't heard from the NVFAC.

As with last time, Chairman Horne may be one of the biggest obstacles if he refuses to allow a vote on pro-gun bills in his committee. Last time he refused a vote on campus carry, which seems a conflict of interest seeing as how he is an adjunct professor at UNLV.

Is Ass Horne a chairman again?

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Here is the contact info page (note that the form is not available, you have to use E-mail or other means) for the Nevada Commission on Ethics.

What would happen if they got flooded with complaints about Ass Horne's status at UNLV and his actions last session, with a request that he not be allowed to do so again this year?

http://ethics.nv.gov/COE_website_files/coe_contact_us.html

MP_4_Life

Holy cow! That is a awesome page and the ease to read it without all the fluff is nice. Keep up the great work.

So far the only bill I really read was the AB143, which I pray comes into play. I even supported at the link on the page with the NV Legislature.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Thanks, I'm glad it is useful.

For SB76, there is an upcoming hearing this Wednesday at 9:00 AM in the Legislative Building in Carson City.

The hearing is in Room 2149 of the legislative building and video conferenced to Room 4412 of the Grant Sawyer State Office Building in Las Vegas.

I strongly encourage those who wish to attend to fully understand the implications of this bill.

Last edited:

Robin47

Thanks, I'm glad it is useful.

For SB76, there is an upcoming hearing this Wednesday at 9:00 AM in the Legislative Building in Carson City.

The hearing is in Room 2149 of the legislative building and video conferenced to Room 4412 of the Grant Sawyer State Office Building in Las Vegas.

I strongly encourage those who wish to attend to fully understand the implications of this bill.

I wish I could attend, good work Felid Maximus keep it up.

Your Friend Robin47 :)

renoglock22

In AB143 about allowing concealed carry on the property of the Nevada System of Higher Education, does that include all schools or just the universities? I am just not sure what NSHE includes. Thanks for any info.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Thanks Robin47.

renoglock22,

The Nevada System of Higher Education is only the government run portion of the Colleges and Universities. If AB143 passes, persons with permits will be able to carry therefore at places like UNR, UNLV, TMCC, etc. but K-12 Schools and childcare facilities will still be prohibited places.

Last edited:

renoglock22

renoglock22,

The Nevada System of Higher Education is only the government run portion of the Colleges and Universities. If AB143 passes, persons with permits will be able to carry therefore at places like UNR, UNLV, TMCC, etc. but K-12 Schools and childcare facilities will still be prohibited places.

Ok, thank you. I have heard of people talking about K-12 schools being part of the NSHE so I wasn't sure.

MP_4_Life

Ok, thank you. I have heard of people talking about K-12 schools being part of the NSHE so I wasn't sure.

As disappointing as it is, their still gonna keep K-12 "Gun Free." However, this is a very good step in the right direction for gun owners, if it finally passes and we are allowed to carry on campus, I'll probably get a CCW just so I can carry at school. Sadly I'm more afraid of faculty blowing up than a student, which is the fear most have when considering this issue. So be waiting for my call right after this passes MAC702 ^^ I just hope sooner or later OC will be allowed, I'd much rather know who is carrying rather than who isn't carrying lol.

Glad this page got stickied on the forum, I'm checking on all this constantly. Hopefully when the this comes up (unless I missed it already), that I'll be able to go and voice my opinion on it.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
FYI, as it is now, carrying on campus with a permit, but without the permission of the school, is a misdemeanor; not a felony.