• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2013 NV legislative Session

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
And sadly, the Senate passed it. So now SB221 goes to the Assembly.

And it has been amended to be even worse.

It basically bans private sales. You have to use a dealer as an intermediary and he follows all the same steps he would follow if it were a gun being sold from his inventory. Even if the person you are selling it to has a CCW permit you still have to use the dealer as an intermediary.

There are some exceptions for temporary transfers such as in your immediate presence, and permanent gift transfers to certain family members. But on the whole, it is a very bad bill which, if it passes, will make us all feel like we're living in California.

Last edited:

varminter22

Yep. SB-221 is absolutely horrible; and passed the senate on strict party line voting - 11 Dem AYE and 10 Rep NAY. We'll battle SB-221 again in the assembly, but unfortunately, I expect similar results in the assembly (and the Dems have a huge majority there.) Standby; we're probably going to have to engage the governor to veto SB-221.

The Big Guy

I'm sorry. I get discouraged easily when it comes to politicians doing the right thing.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Too many feel that way, which is why these politicians win. What we've lost, was and is, by attrition, not in one big blow. Winning is the same. We wear them down. We keep coming after them. Give them no rest. When the cost becomes unbearable for them, they'll quit and find a new cause. They always do...TBG

varminter22

Too many feel that way, which is why these politicians win. What we've lost, was and is, by attrition, not in one big blow. Winning is the same. We wear them down. We keep coming after them. Give them no rest. When the cost becomes unbearable for them, they'll quit and find a new cause. They always do...TBG

Well said, TBG. Thanks.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I am currently on vacation in Oregon and unable to attend this hearing. If you can attend in person to show your active support, I will offer a free one-hour one-on-one live-fire training session to thank you. It will be at the Pro Gun Club between Henderson and Boulder City. You will be responsible for their $10 fee, and your own ammunition, but I will have a private bay and targets and work with you on whatever the next skill is that you need help with. PLEASE show your support to defeat this bill.

Honestly, our best hope is the governor. PLEASE write to the governor and ask him to veto this bill. Remind him that the bill is probably illegal, and that any bill that passes by straight party lines is a bad bill that needs severe scrutiny. Remind him that we will actively defend him from any political backlash.

PLEASE contact the NV Governor: http://gov.nv.gov/contact/governor/

turborich

I make sure to call and e-mail our elected officials. To be honest I don't think they ever look at the e-mails or get the phone messages. Perhaps I'm wrong though.

Nevada carrier

I watched the hearing online, and emailed the committee members. my e-mail contained a read recieipt request which none have returned as of yet. It was clear that the chairman of the judiciarry comittee was not pleased with the opposition.

vegaspassat

You mean he wasn't pleased with people making rational arguments against an irrational bill?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

varminter22

I wasn't there (because of that ugly word "work"), but I have communicated with several key players. It seems the hearing was a big win for us. Of course it ain't over yet. SB-221 could still get a vote - but I sort of doubt it now. Actually, a vote might not be a bad thing at this juncture. Let the Democrats' votes be recorded and put them on record like the Senate Democrats. Yea votes will be a bad thing for the few "pro-gun" assemblymen. And, of course, the governor has said he will veto SB-221 if passed. Also note SB-520 was introduced; unknown if it will receive a hearing.