• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

subcommitees still not following the law on noticing meetings - way to stop e-cert?

davidmcbeth

Banned
I have filed yet another complaint about the TF subcommittees not providing us with enough notice regarding meetings. I filed a previous one regarding the Newtown HS meeting of 30 JAN 13.

The last one (and still on the website http://www.cga.ct.gov/ASaferConnecticut/) shows a notice (school security) on 13 feb 13 for a hearing on the same day. And this information is accurate...it was noticed the same day it was convened. And a similar meeting on gun violence was held on 4 FEB 13.

Also to note that the members of these various subcommittees get about the same amount of notice as we get (almost none).

Look at what happened in NY ... CT is trying to say "well, we had meetings that the public were welcome to participate in but nobody against gun control showed"...

Senator Miner's office was of no help. Senator Boucher's aide was actually helpful and we discussed the issue generally.

More CT residents opposing gun control should be filing complaints as well. Its costs nothing. Nothing. The arguments are very simple with very little case law needed to be presented to the Freedom of Information Commission and expedited hearings should also be included with the complaint. The FIC does not require filings to be like those of a court..its an informal process.

If 20 folks filed complaints, then this may make the news .. that the democrats are not following the laws regarding the manufacturing of a bill to be e-certified. It will show that they are trying to ram down a bill.

This is one method of stopping an e-cert bill.

If anyone wishes to discuss the filing of a complaint or adding their name onto mine as an additional party or intervenor please note on this thread or by PM.

I think that the only relief that the FIC can offer under our law is to void the hearings and nullify anything that comes out of the hearing processes.
And this would kill an e-cert bill IMO if successful. And since the regular committees seem to be holding back on the 90 bills pending for this task force to get done then they may also lose the time needed for these bills to get through the standard process.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Could you please email or pm me a copy of the complaint. I would just like to read it before askin you to add my name.

You can file a complaint via email, just attach the complaint to:

FOI@ct.gov or by mail or in person

Here's their website:

http://www.ct.gov/foi/site/default.asp

Its just as easy to file a new complaint as to request to be added ... they may consolidate the cases at the FIC ... let them do the work for you :)