• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doublestar takes a stand.

self preservation

Effective Immediately!!
Due to the recent changes in 2nd Amendment laws that are pending or currently enforced by states across the country, the J&T Family of Companies which includes J&T Distributing, DoubleStar Corp., Ace Limited, and the DoubleStar Training Academy has been forced to reassess our policies regarding government and law enforcement sales. Effective immediately, the J&T Family of Companies will be joining other manufacturers and distributors by ceasing sales of regulated items in states that have altered the rights of citizens to keep and bear arms.

The JTFOC will no longer sell prohibited items to law enforcement agencies or any government agencies in states, counties, cities, and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their law abiding citizens. We hope other companies will join us with their support. We applaud those already involved with this effort to protect our 2nd Amendment rights.

-Be Victorious

zack991

Good news that makes 8 companies. Can we make a sticky for the complete list so gun owners know who to support.\?

Midway USA.
Currently, there are several parts of the country that have restrictions on civilian ownership of certain magazines or types of ammunition. Sometimes it is entire states and sometimes local municipalities pass these regulations, which I consider unconstitutional. At any rate, when we encounter these situations it has always been our policy not to sell to anyone in these areas, regardless of what law enforcement or government credentials they offer up. If the laws change and all law abiding citizens can buy these products we would be happy to sell to Law Enforcement, but not before then. Thanks for taking the time to be involved. I wish all firearms would follow your lead.

On Behalf of Larry, Thanks For Your Business,
Eric Ellingson
Contact Center Supervisor
MidwayUSA
NRA Endowment Member
You may also like -

LaRue Tactical

Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.

Olympic Arms

Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers.

In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York - henceforth and until such legislation is repealed, and an apology made to the good people of the State of New York and the American people.

Extreme Firepower Inc, LLC

The Federal Government and several states have enacted gun control laws that restrict the public from owning and possessing certain types of firearms. Law-enforcement agencies are typically exempt from these restrictions. EFI, LLC does not recognize law-enforcement exemptions to local, state, and federal gun control laws. If a product that we manufacture is not legal for a private citizen to own in a jurisdiction, we will not sell that product to a law-enforcement agency in that jurisdiction.

Templar Custom

We will not sell arms to agents of the state of New York that hold themselves to be "more equal" than their citizens.

As long as the legislators of New York think they have the power to limit the rights of their citizens, in defiance of the Constitution, we at Templar will not sell them firearms to enforce their edicts.

Templar Custom is announcing that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee will no longer be served as customers.

York Arms

Based on the recent legislation in New York, we are prohibited from selling rifles and receivers to residents of New York. We have chosen to extend that prohibition to all governmental agencies associated with or located within New York. As a result we have halted sales of rifles, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, machine guns, and silencers to New York governmental agencies.

Cheaper than Dirt

Recently, companies such as LaRue Tactical and Olympic Arms have announced that they will no longer sell prohibited items to government agencies and personnel in states that deny the right to own those items to civilians. It has been and will continue to be Cheaper Than Dirt’s policy to not to sell prohibited items to government agencies and/or agents in states, counties, cities, and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We support and encourage other companies that share in this policy.

Doublestar
Effective Immediately!!
Due to the recent changes in 2nd Amendment laws that are pending or currently enforced by states across the country, the J&T Family of Companies which includes J&T Distributing, DoubleStar Corp., Ace Limited, and the DoubleStar Training Academy has been forced to reassess our policies regarding government and law enforcement sales. Effective immediately, the J&T Family of Companies will be joining other manufacturers and distributors by ceasing sales of regulated items in states that have altered the rights of citizens to keep and bear arms.

The JTFOC will no longer sell prohibited items to law enforcement agencies or any government agencies in states, counties, cities, and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their law abiding citizens. We hope other companies will join us with their support. We applaud those already involved with this effort to protect our 2nd Amendment rights.

-Be Victorious

BARRETT FIREARMS
421933_10152600613640038_1018984466_n.jpg

ANNOUNCING A NEW J&G POLICY ON SHIPPING RESTRICTED ITEMS

For immediate release:

As state and local jurisdictions are increasingly passing laws which infringe upon the Second Amendment of the US Constitution, J&G Sales is implementing a new policy on shipping restricted items to these states and localities.

Effective immediately, laws that restrict firearms, ammunition, or magazine possession by law abiding citizens will also be applied to state and local law enforcement and government agencies in that jurisdiction. All residents will be treated equally. Honorable citizens, law enforcement personnel, and government agents, should all be allowed to utilize the most effective defensive equipment available.

J&G believes that there should not be a difference between the rights of citizens and those of government employees. This new policy will also help us to be sure we avoid the consequences of not conforming with the anti-firearm regulations in these various jurisdictions.

We expect to lose some revenue from government purchases, however we feel it is essential to defend the US Constitution by making a statement about the importance of the Second Amendment in maintaining our freedoms.

We await the day when all law abiding citizens will be able to possess the most effective means and tools available for self-defense regardless of where they live or for whom they work.

Thank you

Last edited:

MainelyGlock

What'd be cool is if the Freedom Group joined this movement. From what I've heard, a LOT of duty rifles are Bushmasters.

Last edited:

We-the-People

Barrett, and other firearms manufactures would do well to consider a licensing agreement on their products. Such a license restricting the sale, lease, loan, or other transfer of their products to government agencies, agents, etc.

Without such a restriction, government agencies will continue to obtain the products they want, even when their citizens are disallowed the same products.

zack991

Below is the reply I got from them today and I will post a print screen img later on.

Zack,

Brownells complies with all State, local and Federal laws regarding high cap magazines and other restricted products. If an order is for law enforcement, letterhead is required to process those orders. Each order is evaluated based on the origination state and how the exemptions are read.

Elisa Bardole
Elisa.bardole@brownells.com
866-277-0358 direct ext. 5315
641-623-8114 fax.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 2:19 PM
To: Brownells Customer Support
Subject: Brownells Shipping & Returns

Customer Name: zachary
Customer Email: z
Department: Shipping & Returns
Order ID:
SKU:
I am writing to ask what’s Brownells policy for law enforcement sales in states that ban the same items from civilian hands. I am working on a list of companies I will not be doing business with that will sell to law enforcement when there is a ban on civilians to own them. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

We-the-People

Below is the reply I got from them today and I will post a print screen img later on.

Zack,

Brownells complies with all State, local and Federal laws regarding high cap magazines and other restricted products. If an order is for law enforcement, letterhead is required to process those orders. Each order is evaluated based on the origination state and how the exemptions are read.

Elisa Bardole
Elisa.bardole@brownells.com
866-277-0358 direct ext. 5315
641-623-8114 fax.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 2:19 PM
To: Brownells Customer Support
Subject: Brownells Shipping & Returns

Customer Name: zachary
Customer Email: z
Department: Shipping & Returns
Order ID:
SKU:
I am writing to ask what’s Brownells policy for law enforcement sales in states that ban the same items from civilian hands. I am working on a list of companies I will not be doing business with that will sell to law enforcement when there is a ban on civilians to own them. Thanks for your time.

I would suggest adding a list of the companies that have gone on record as not selling to government agencies in states that restrict the sale of of the same items to non government individuals.

motoxmann

I would suggest adding a list of the companies that have gone on record as not selling to government agencies in states that restrict the sale of of the same items to non government individuals.

x2
I would have at least included a link to thepoliceloophole.com in your email so they could see just how many companies are doing it.
I'm sure a lot of companies are scared to use that tactic in fear of losing "loads" of business from agencies, but if they see a mass group of other companies doing it, they might be further encouraged to jump on board

Bmeierholtz

x2
I would have at least included a link to thepoliceloophole.com in your email so they could see just how many companies are doing it.
I'm sure a lot of companies are scared to use that tactic in fear of losing "loads" of business from agencies, but if they see a mass group of other companies doing it, they might be further encouraged to jump on board

That would be a very nice thing to see happen, but most are just too money hungry and for every seller that refuses to sell, that is another group of LE's and such that have to buy somewhere, right?

zack991

Wilson Combat joins the fight.
Berryville, AR --(Ammoland.com)- Wilson Combat will no longer provide any products or services to any State Government imposing legislation that infringes on the Second Amendment rights of its law-abiding citizens.
This includes any Law Enforcement Department, Law Enforcement Officers, or any State Government Entity or Employee of such an entity. This also applies to any local municipality imposing such infringements. States currently included in our No-Sale Policy are:
California
Hawaii
Maryland
Massachusetts
New Jersey
New York
Washington D.C.
The City of Chicago, Illinois

Firearms Equality Movement
Wilson Combat will in NO way support the government of these states or their anti-gun agenda that only limits the rights of law-abiding citizens. Wilson Combat will continue to supply any product and/or service they can legally sell in these states to all non-government affiliated citizens.
Ryan Wilson
Vice President

Read more at Ammoland.com: http://www.ammoland.com/2013/02/wil...anti-gun-states-no-sale-policy/#ixzz2MHmTagmu

Keylock