• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What was it we decided about LEOs and lying???

TFred

Sometimes old wounds just never heal... or we're just too smart to buy the lie... I recall threads form yesteryear in which we were assured that LEOs always knew when it was appropriate and legal to lie (to criminals) and when it was required that they tell the truth (under oath).

Apparently knowledge of this distinction dissipates as you get promoted through the ranks...

Baltimore County Police Chief Misleads America About Assault Weapons "On the Street"

In other words: BUSTED!!

TFred

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
No, no, no. We decided that if government says it, its a lie. This is axiomatic.

I recently saw an interesting twist on this axiom: at the point government denies a rumor, then you know the rumor is true.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not only is that a Maryland tradition, but it is from the greater Baltimore demographic area where I believe it may be a requirement to mislead the public. :(

Left Balimare in my 20s and never looked back. There are some good people living there though and they're trying hard to right things.

F350

If a cop is above the rank of sergeant; he is probably nothing more than a politician wearing a uniform; above the rank of captain you can count on it.

Firearms Iinstuctor

If a cop is above the rank of sergeant; he is probably nothing more than a politician wearing a uniform; above the rank of captain you can count on it.

The higher a LEO raises in rank the more politician he has to be.

Chiefs of police are the worst.

Sheriffs are by the nature of the job a politician one expects that of them.