Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No More Hesitation -Law Enforcement Targets go too far?

No More Hesitation -Law Enforcement Targets go too far?

Law Enforcement Targets, Inc. is a 21-year designer and full service provider of training targets for the DHS, the Justice Department and thousands of law enforcement agencies throughout the country.

The company's website offers a line of "No More Hesitation" targets "designed to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training." The targets are, "meant to help the transition for officers who are faced with these highly unusual targets for the first time."

The targets include "pregnant woman threat," "older man with shotgun," "older man in home with shotgun," "older woman with gun," "young school aged girl," "young mother on playground," and "little boy with real gun."

Link to the direct page.
    http://www.letargets.com/estylez_ps....10100~010101.2

webcache.googleusercontent.com till it gets back up

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

GOOD LUCK GETTING ON THEIR SITE, THEIR SERVER IS OVERLOADED. I took Images of the targets before I left this afternoon and backed them up on my photo bucket account.

Last edited by zack991; 02-20-2013 at 06:38 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Notice they're all white too.
    "Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton

They all depict scenarios that a Jack-Boot might encounter when a no-knock warrant is "accidentally" "served" on the wrong house.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnett3006 View Post
    They all depict scenarios that a Jack-Boot might encounter when a no-knock warrant is "accidentally" "served" on the wrong house.
    The older man with a shotgun and older woman with a pistol are even described as being IN THEIR OWN HOMES.

This is foul. They are supposed to be trained to THINK.

This is working in the wrong direction, unless of course, it is more important that we are fearful subjects than citizenry of the Republic. Nothing helps emphasize that more than a few bodies from people that hesitated to turn around and bend over simply because they couldn't fathom a reason for the police to break in and start shooting.

When police make a mistake and barge in the wrong door, if SOMEONE must be dead because of it, it should be a policeman. ONLY THAT will reinforce that they need to minimize mistakes. Let's go back to training HOW TO THINK, not how not to.
    Last edited by MAC702; 02-19-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    The older man with a shotgun and older woman with a pistol are even described as being IN THEIR OWN HOMES.

This is working in the wrong direction, unless of course, it is more important that we are fearful subjects than citizenry of the Republic. Nothing helps emphasize that more than a few bodies from people that hesitated to turn around and bend over simply because they couldn't fathom a reason for the police to break in and start shooting.

When police make a mistake and barge in the wrong door, if SOMEONE must be dead because of it, it should be a policeman. ONLY THAT will reinforce that they need to minimize mistakes. Let's go back to training HOW TO THINK, not how not to.
    I wonder how well a target depicting a cop/fed agent/swat team kicking in a front door would go over?

I wonder how well a target depicting a cop/fed agent/swat team kicking in a front door would go over?
    I smell a business oppurtunity.
    "Public opinion and votes have nothing to do with this. The challenge of the Court is not what they're going to do with votes. The challenge-- of the Court is are they going to protect people's rights." - Al Sharpton

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    Notice they're all white too.
    dont wanna piss obama off. all us saltines are racist didnt you know? (sarc)
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

Who's home is the pregnant woman in?

Remember how crazy the media went over this? But not over shooting pregnant women?

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    I smell a business oppurtunity.
    leo's would probably call foul but screw em, fair is fair right?!

Banned
    Where's the one with a baby sleeping in a crib? Is there one?

Really classy ...

Here's a FB thing.

so to be safe i shouldnt be a white pregnant elderly child transvestite and im all good!

Or when a regular (i.e. knock and announce) warrant is served with the ever more popular....knock knock....police......BATTERING RAM technique of technical compliance with the knock and announce requirement.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

I buy that one.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

The police obviously want to liquidate the pregnant woman.

Quote Originally Posted by PFC HALE View Post
    dont wanna piss obama off. all us saltines are racist didnt you know? (sarc)
    where's the 'like' button!

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Where's the one with a baby sleeping in a crib? Is there one?

Really classy ...
    The targets of sleeping children are used for tossing in flash-bang grenades and shooting through walls.

No sarcasm. Both scenarios have already occurred. In one, a sleeping child was shot through a wall during a raid by a paramilitary police squad. In at least one other, a paramilitary police squad tossed a flash-bang into a bedroom with a sleeping child who was badly burned by the device. Photos are still available online. The paramilitary squad suffered no penalities for failing to find out whether and where the children were before starting their assault.

But, hey. Despite some forty-five innocent people killed in these raids, numerous wrong addresses, and numerous pet dogs killed unnecessarily, police are heroes in blue protecting our rights. With only a very few rotten apples. And, the paramilitary squads getting off without penalty in almost every case, the departments usually defending the paramilitary squad by saying their actions followed procedure. That's right--paramilitary police squads have procedures that result in the deaths and injuries of innocents, deaths of family pets, and massive indignities; and police defend these policies and procedures. Meaning, when bad things happen, usually nothing went wrong.
    Last edited by Citizen; 02-20-2013 at 08:35 AM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

It seems that LET has removed the "NMH" targets from their products page. The NMH section is still there with a description of what they are, along with the pic of the pregnant woman target, but no way to add them to your shopping cart...as far as I can tell anyways, its taken me 20 minutes to connect to the website.

Banned
    Luckily most if not all of the targets are revolver carrying "targets". For more adequately armed subjects, police can now just pull back and burn down whatever structure they are in.

Heck over the weekend, Tom Gresham on "Gun Talk" said he sees cops getting MORE militarized with RPGs, etc.
    Last edited by Jeff. State; 02-20-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    deaths of family pets, .[/I]

SWAT team public relations statement:
    What? You don't HAVE a pet? One will be provided! We bring extra dogs with us from the pound, if you don't have one, then we toss one in the bldg and shoot that one.

They are getting hammered on facebook, none of it good.
    One guy is trying to make it sound better, but he's getting shredded.

I'm going to check the targets at my local range and let them know how I feel if they have any from this 'company'.

-MH
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

It seems that LET has removed the "NMH" targets from their products page. The NMH section is still there with a description of what they are, along with the pic of the pregnant woman target, but no way to add them to your shopping cart...as far as I can tell anyways, its taken me 20 minutes to connect to the website.
    Well I am glad I backed up the images.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    Well I am glad I backed up the images.
    Now's the time to demand the firing of whoever dreamed up the idea.

And, to know which agencies bought such targets.

Probably wouldn't hurt to FOIA* your local large police department to see if they ordered any. And, especially, who ordered them.

Then make sure the local press knows about it, if any were ordered.

Ordered, not purchased. Purchases can always be cancelled mid-process.

*FOIA = Freedom of Information Act. The name can vary by state. Sometimes called Open Records Request, Sunshine Law Request, etc.
    Last edited by Citizen; 02-20-2013 at 08:07 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Officer being trained to view citizens as lethal threats, is bad policy; it alienates the LEO from the citizen; it contributes to loss of life on both sides. Distrust erodes what ought to be a healthy relationship between LEO's, and Civilians.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast