• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some questions before I get license

GregInChrist

2 days; no reply, and poorly worded to begin with...Hmmm, my Heathen "spidey-sense" says y'all got played by a flaming anti-gunner trying to take advantage of your Christian fellowship.

I'll wager 5 cheeseburgers to your 1 on it...;)
View attachment 10030 :cool:

Thanks Lurchiron, but your wrong and I would say owe me 5 cheeseburgers (maybe we become friends and you buy for my family :) ). Sorry I did not respond I have been watching from my phone but it is very slow to load and difficult to navigate when trying to post on my phone. Also I'm sorry Lurchiron that I am not the smartest guy and not able to structure my words to your liking.

Thank you all for the responses! I very much appreciate the effort! If I am gathering correctly I am being encouraged to open carry but having the license (not permit (not sure the difference)) is a good idea and protection for myself. Would you say that is a fair summery?

Motofixxer

Thank you all for the responses! I very much appreciate the effort! If I am gathering correctly I am being encouraged to open carry but having the license (not permit (not sure the difference)) is a good idea and protection for myself. Would you say that is a fair summery?

Only you can decide that question for yourself. The license vs permit is more of a running joke. They are by definition the same thing by giving permission to do something that otherwise would be illegal, as unlawful as that theory is. If you want to read for yourself go to my New to OC in WI thread and DL the Blacks Law dictionary then look up the definitions. That is essentially what is normally used in the courtroom. If not in there then you can generally resort to a dictionary definition. Having the license\permit allows you to do more or save you more headache, depending on how you look at it. Like having a DL compared to walking or riding a bike. You can save yourself some grief if you have the license and get stopped.

But as stated previously, do go watch the vids at the bottom of the link to my thread. They will help to give a lot of understanding.

And check out this thread for people who are hopefully near you to meet with and learn and discuss more. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?77014-Adopt-a-first-timer

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

the others covered your questions very well

one thing to note places you almost must conceal you may carry concealed into a tavern with a license but may not drink any alcohol , but can only open carry in a tavern with the class B licenses permission

your chances of driving through a school zone in this state are right up there with having a snow fall of greater than 1 inch in the winter in Wisconsin

the mess that a school zone can create is worth the 84 cents a month to me

from DOJ site
Can I carry a firearm, concealed or open, in a tavern?
A tavern is any establishment, other than a private or fraternal organization, in which
alcohol beverages are sold for consumption on the premises.
Wis
. Stat. § 941.237(1)(fm)
and (3)(cx).
No one may possess a handgun in a tavern unless
they are a law enforcement
officer, a correctional officer in the line of duty, a member of the US armed forces or
national guard in the line of duty, a private security person meeting certain criteria, the
tavern licensee, owner or manager or their authorized employee or agent, or have a
CCW license or valid out of state license.
Wis. Stat. § 941.237(2) and (3)(a)-(cx).
A peace officer, a Wisconsin CCW licensee, a qualified out-
of
-state licensee, a qualified
out
-
of
-state law enforcement officer and a former law enforcement officer
can carry a
concealed handgun
in a tavern and a CCW licensee and authorized out-
of
-state CCW
licensee can carry a concealed handgun in a tavern
only if they are not consuming
alcohol on the premises.
Wis. Stat. § 941.237(3)(cr), (ct), and (cx).

Nope. I can open or conceal in a class-b with a CCL. Open carry in class-b establishments all the time without explicit permission.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Law abider

Well I am a LEO and you are incorrect. Sorry, but your interpretation is meaningless. But whose interpretation is not meaningless is the State Attorney Generals Office. I attended 2 separate state sponsored training seminars regarding the CCW law, and at both of them Assistant Attorney General Dave Perlman stated that a person carrying a loaded gun in their vehicle, whether openly or concealed, and was within 1000ft of a school was in violation of the states GFSZ law, unless they have a CCL.

PKBITES is right. I sent a question on that very issue to Glenn Grothman who forwarded it to the DOJ. The answer I got from them is the same as PIKBITES.

Lurchiron

Thanks Lurchiron, but your wrong and I would say owe me 5 cheeseburgers (maybe we become friends and you buy for my family :) ). Sorry I did not respond I have been watching from my phone but it is very slow to load and difficult to navigate when trying to post on my phone. Also I'm sorry Lurchiron that I am not the smartest guy and not able to structure my words to your liking.

Sorry Greg,

I don't see us clearing the language barrier, nor the religious zealotry hurdle any time soon...:(
View attachment 10054

F.Y.I. When 2 or more persons place a wager on a horse; the horse doesn't also get paid, therefore No Cheeseburgers for you...:cool:

Alaf Sal Fena;
Lurch out.

GreenCountyPete

Nope. I can open or conceal in a class-b with a CCL. Open carry in class-b establishments all the time without explicit permission.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

good to know , because the wording only said concealed even though the question asked concealed or open , i took it to mean concealed was allowable because open was not given it the answer , i just didn't open carry in class b

I have enough people who try and wrongly tell me that no carry is allowed in a bar , I want to sit and enjoy my food and coke , so i admittedly take the easy way and conceal what they don't know apparently doesn't bother them it probably should but ignorance is bliss for some