Thread: Serial misinformation claims another victim... sad

Serial misinformation claims another victim... sad

So tonight I was talking to a "friend" of mine from years ago in JROTC, he's now out of the marines trying to become a cop in southern california. so he posts some question from his criminal justice class about "assault weapons" he then alleges to someone else that he supports the right to bear arms but...... (don't you love that word "but") he has a right to feel safe in public so carrying loaded guns in public is illegal. I of course point out "not in Washington, open carry is completely legal here with no permit and causes no problems" he then targets me on this rant claiming california law and WA law are exactly the same on this, and that carrying a gun with no license in public is a felony.. and yada yada yada. so instead of arguing I say "well, I don't want all my friends at opencarry.org to get into trouble, so can you cite the law so I can warn them" again he repeats his diatrabe citing no law. then I pull out the secret weapon, gogodawg's OC music video he posted on YT just to prove Washington allowed OC.

BAM I'm now blocked and he deleted all my comments.

I'm just glad he's not trying to be a cop up here in WA.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Re: Serial misinformation claims another victim... sad

Could you post a link to gogo's video please? I'd love to see that!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think Gogo will mind....

they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Thanks!

Great video!

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    First time seeing this. Big thanks to gogo and good video in general. +1
    -LIFETIME NRA MEMBER-
    || SPRINGFIELD LOADED SS || LES BAER CUSTOM CARRY HARD CHROME || SPRINGFIELD TRP ||
    -DONT TREAD ON ME-

Youzaaa!!!

I want to thank Erik for posting that vid...
    I dont know how it is, that I have Never seen it...before..
    13 minutes long,,, But it is a good vid!

btw,,, im in it....
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

First time I saw this vid. Awesome job Gogo!

--

"I said, 'Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here ... walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house.’ … You don't need an AR-15 — it's harder to aim, it's harder to use, and in fact you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun! Buy a shotgun!"

-- Joe Biden

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Good post Eric.

Maybe we should have a stickied..."media" page. We can put our videos and photos in.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    I want to thank Erik for posting that vid...
    I dont know how it is, that I have Never seen it...before..
    13 minutes long,,, But it is a good vid!

btw,,, im in it....
    Yeah, I even saw a pic of me in there, scary. Nice vid GoGo, thanks for sharing ENM.

The video was created sometime back as a starting point for a OC presentation in front of a Tea Party group that asked Deros and myself to speak. Thanks for the compliments.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryM View Post
    Really? This is his "right"? In what document does it state that everyone has the "right" to "feel" safe in public? If that's his attitude, I have the right to carry my G17 in public because it make me "feel safe!"

This generation is full of nothing but utter and complete idiots. I feel sorry for the future of America....
    I always just respond "well you do have a right to feel safe and no one can stop you, so feel safe, I can't change how you feel"

it's only a matter of time before someone makes a 9th amendment claim that it's a right to "feel safe"

NRA Member

Founder's Club Member
    Great video!!!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    Serial misinformation claims another victim... sad
    Understand that his response goes deeper than falling victim to misinformation. His anti-freedom proclivity may even pre-date your association back when he was in JROTC.

More likely the anti-gun misinformation aligned well with his own anti-rights attitudes and he saw their specious arguments as good arguments or good justifications.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Great video!!!
    Thank you. It was put together quickly and if I am asked to do another presentation I will clean it up a little.
    Live Free or Die!

Great

That is a Great Video. I have OCed in Wenatchee since 1989 and have never had a problem. I have been asked to help LE
    on more than one time. I am now a firearms instructor and people are thanking more of us that OC. It has taken some time
    but I do believe things are turning positive excuding a few anti gun people. But like they say, there is a Axxhole in every group.

What gets me is that you can only claim California's laws and Washington laws on possessing/carrying firearms are the same if you never actually read them.

Heck, the California CONSTITUTION doesn't have a right to keep and bear arms which is about as fundamental a difference as you can get when comparing their laws to Washington's. Article 1, Section 24 is apparently something the guy missed...though I am curious where in either state's constitution or the federal one he found a right to feel safe in public?