• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Serial misinformation claims another victim... sad

EMNofSeattle

So tonight I was talking to a "friend" of mine from years ago in JROTC, he's now out of the marines trying to become a cop in southern california. so he posts some question from his criminal justice class about "assault weapons" he then alleges to someone else that he supports the right to bear arms but...... (don't you love that word "but") he has a right to feel safe in public so carrying loaded guns in public is illegal. I of course point out "not in Washington, open carry is completely legal here with no permit and causes no problems" he then targets me on this rant claiming california law and WA law are exactly the same on this, and that carrying a gun with no license in public is a felony.. and yada yada yada. so instead of arguing I say "well, I don't want all my friends at opencarry.org to get into trouble, so can you cite the law so I can warn them" again he repeats his diatrabe citing no law. then I pull out the secret weapon, gogodawg's OC music video he posted on YT just to prove Washington allowed OC.

BAM I'm now blocked and he deleted all my comments.

I'm just glad he's not trying to be a cop up here in WA.

DamonK

Could you post a link to gogo's video please? I'd love to see that!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Coyote_VS_ACME

First time I saw this vid. Awesome job Gogo!

--

"I said, 'Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here ... walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house.’ … You don't need an AR-15 — it's harder to aim, it's harder to use, and in fact you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun! Buy a shotgun!"

-- Joe Biden

LarryM

.....he has a right to feel safe in public....

Really? This is his "right"? In what document does it state that everyone has the "right" to "feel" safe in public? If that's his attitude, I have the right to carry my G17 in public because it make me "feel safe!"

This generation is full of nothing but utter and complete idiots. I feel sorry for the future of America....

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
The video was created sometime back as a starting point for a OC presentation in front of a Tea Party group that asked Deros and myself to speak. Thanks for the compliments.

EMNofSeattle

Really? This is his "right"? In what document does it state that everyone has the "right" to "feel" safe in public? If that's his attitude, I have the right to carry my G17 in public because it make me "feel safe!"

This generation is full of nothing but utter and complete idiots. I feel sorry for the future of America....

I always just respond "well you do have a right to feel safe and no one can stop you, so feel safe, I can't change how you feel"

it's only a matter of time before someone makes a 9th amendment claim that it's a right to "feel safe"

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Serial misinformation claims another victim... sad

Understand that his response goes deeper than falling victim to misinformation. His anti-freedom proclivity may even pre-date your association back when he was in JROTC.

More likely the anti-gun misinformation aligned well with his own anti-rights attitudes and he saw their specious arguments as good arguments or good justifications.

TheGunMan

Great

That is a Great Video. I have OCed in Wenatchee since 1989 and have never had a problem. I have been asked to help LE
on more than one time. I am now a firearms instructor and people are thanking more of us that OC. It has taken some time
but I do believe things are turning positive excuding a few anti gun people. But like they say, there is a Axxhole in every group.

Difdi

What gets me is that you can only claim California's laws and Washington laws on possessing/carrying firearms are the same if you never actually read them.

Heck, the California CONSTITUTION doesn't have a right to keep and bear arms which is about as fundamental a difference as you can get when comparing their laws to Washington's. Article 1, Section 24 is apparently something the guy missed...though I am curious where in either state's constitution or the federal one he found a right to feel safe in public?