• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Joe Heck sells us out again.

The Big Guy

Below is a copy of what I just sent to Congressman Heck no Joe...

TBG

Congressman Heck. I hear on the news this morning that it is again your intention to sell out the Constitution by pushing for universal background checks. Can you please explain to me where you believe you get the authority under the Constitution to do this? I don't want to hear your liberal jargon about public good and best interest. I want to hear your answer in relation to the Constitution.

BBJCaptain

just sent!

Mr Heck, I find it very hard for me to support you in your roll as my congressman any longer. I will not vote for you again. You have lost all credibility with me and I will make sure that I convey to all my fellow voters that you have violated your Oath to the Constitution. In the violation of your Oath, you are no longer an honorable man of your word to me and my family. All background checks do is PUNISH LAW ABIDING CITIZENS and does nothing to stop any gun violence in GUN FREE ZONES!!!! My family and I have obeyed every gun law on the books and we are being punished for something we had nothing to do with. You no longer represent your constituents. I hope you enjoy your last term!!

BBJ

The Big Guy

Rally at Heck's office

I received the following:

Rally in Support The 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment
(The Right to Keep & Bear Arms)

A Counter Rally Against Obama's
National Day of Action

Friday
February 22, 2013
11am
Congressman Joe Heck's Office
8485 W Sunset Rd

We are inviting everyone to show their support for our Constituion & Bill of Rights! Tell Obama & his supporters that we will not tolerate the direction they are trying to take America.

Call 702 283-6521 AlohaConsulting@gmail.com to RSVP or for more information

(Paid for by POIPAC)

My response:

The following was passed on to me by Don Turner of the NV Firearms Coalition. I can’t believe what I’m seeing. Why on earth would you have a rally in support of the second amendment at Joe Heck’s office? This is a guy who has announced again that he is going to sell out liberty by supporting more government interference. As far as I’m concerned he is a traitor and I have told him so on several occasions.

TBG

The Big Guy

I guess I was not smart enough to understand what they were doing here. The reply I got from the organizing organization is that they believe as I do that Joe Heck is a traitor to his oath of office. I took it from how it read that they were going there as supporters of Heck. It is a lesson I think that you have to be very clear when you write something. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused on this. I hope people can make it out there and let Joe know how you feel.

TBG

BBJCaptain

Well, this is what I got back from Heck. I didn't expect anything but Rino dribble and that's just what I got
in the form of a pre canned response.

February 22, 2013

Dear Mr. Manning,

Thank you for contacting me to share your comments regarding proposed gun control measures. As a strong supporter of our Second Amendment rights and a firearm owner myself, I appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns on this important issue.

Like many Americans, I believe that we must work to prevent gun violence; however, please be assured I will not support legislative measures that infringe upon the rights of responsible, law-abiding firearms owners. Currently, all federally-licensed firearms dealers must perform a criminal background check on any individual who wishes to purchase a firearm, but as you know, some have proposed extending the background check requirement to sellers at gun shows or to individuals conducting private sales. It is important to note that under the current background check system, specific details of transactions, including the purchaser's name, firearm, or any other identifying information, are not permanently retained or stored by the federal government in any registry. I support efforts to extend the background check system to prevent firearms from ending up in the hands of criminals. I do not and will not support extending the background check system if it comes with a requirement for a federal registration of firearms. Additionally, I will strongly oppose and efforts in Congress to store any identifying personal information. I have always opposed the federal registration of firearms, and will strongly oppose any efforts in Congress to store any identifying personal information in a federal registry.

There is no one-size-fits-all solution that can completely guarantee that firearms do not end up in the wrong hands, but that should not prevent us from taking steps to prevent those who intend to do harm from obtaining firearms. In the wake of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School, a serious discussion on what is necessary to prevent these massacres and other senseless acts of violence has been long overdue. As Americans, I know that we are capable of such a discussion without politicizing this unthinkable tragedy. We have a responsibility to protect those most vulnerable in our society, especially children, and we must continue our efforts to keep our communities safe.

As you know, the Second Amendment allows responsible, law-abiding U.S. citizens to own firearms, though this valuable protection is not without certain commonsense limitations. Our country has important laws and systems in place to protect the public, and despite this tragedy, they have been largely effective. Millions of law-abiding gun owners should not be punished as a result of the actions of one disturbed individual, but we must make serious efforts to stop these horrible acts. A comprehensive response means preventing firearms from falling into the hands of those who would do us harm, careful examination of the root causes of these violent acts, and a serious evaluation of how we treat mental health in our country. Above all, it requires thoughtful, reasonable, and thorough discussions – and actions – to prevent these senseless tragedies from devastating our communities and our families ever again. The loss of more innocent lives is unacceptable.

Again, I appreciate your thoughts and it is an honor to serve you in Congress. Your suggestions are always welcome, and if ever I may be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

DR. JOE HECK
Member of Congress

mbogo470

That is the same exact letter I got, including the typo.

My reply to his reply:
"Dear Sir:

Thank you for the courtesy of your reply.

It disappoints me greatly that you have assumed the Obama administration's mantra of "commonsense(sp) limitations" on MY rights. Nothing that has been proposed would have prevented the Sandy Hook massacre, or any other recent mass shooting.

Nancy Lanza's guns were purchased legally; if she purchased them after November 1994, she would have undergone an instant background check. She did not transfer them to her deranged son; he murdered her, then took them on his murderous rampage.

James Holmes purchased his guns legally after undergoing background checks. With murder and assault already illegal, which proposed law would have prevented him from shooting movie theater patrons in Aurora, Colorado?

Jared Loughner purchased his guns legally after undergoing background checks. With murder and assault already illegal, which proposed law would have prevented him from shooting people in Tucson?

Seung Hui-Cho purchased his guns legally after undergoing background checks. With murder and assault already illegal, which proposed law would have prevented him from shooting students at Virginia Tech?

The common thread in the shootings they perpetrated is that the mental health system failed them. As a physician, that should be something you recognize instantly.

If you really want to reduce the number of shootings by the mentally defective, provide a system where those who are deemed a danger by their families or personal mental health care professional are flagged as temporarily prohibited persons. Upon their recovery, the flag can be removed.

"Universal background checks" are not universal; criminals do not undergo them; invading my privacy and inhibiting the free exercise of my rights is no solution.

Yours Truly,"

mbogo

Bmeierholtz

My contribution

Here is what I just sent off to legislature here. Let's see if they even reply back to me.

I am writing this in regards to the numerous mass shootings in the US that have recently happened. There is currently a background check on newly purchased handguns in this state. My question to you, is how has this affected the mass killings? Is there one instance where that background check would have prevented them? The answer is a very simple no! In fact, in all but one of those, the gun WAS purchased with a background check. In the case of the other, the law abiding citizen was murdered, the her gun was stolen.
Bottom line: imposed background checks do nothing to stop violence. Criminals will always get access to guns. It is a crying shame that us law abiding citizens have to suffer from the criminal element, AND politicians that think that by making tougher to get guns, that, somehow, that is protecting us!