Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Stop the War on Women lobbies for gun restrictions at Grand Rapids city meetings

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    181

    Stop the War on Women lobbies for gun restrictions at Grand Rapids city meetings

    Already posted in MOC forums, but I might as well post this here too.

    Stop the War on Women lobbies for gun restrictions at Grand Rapids city meetings
    http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi....html#comments

    I had to deal with another one of those people who just want to put you down and degrade you and then leave before you can respond. However, this time I was persistent and was able to engage her in conversation for a min or two. At least when she finally stopped interrupting me. As she started walking away, I sternly chided her for just wanting to interrupt and demean without allowing me to provide a few points of my own.

    She wanted me to come up with a way to guarantee that anyone with a firearm is a good guy. I asked her how she could guarantee that her laws would work.

    I got her to acknowledge that mass shootings seem to only occur in places like schools, theaters and malls, but when I said that mass shootings only occur in places that ban firearms as she would like, she then rejected my premise.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by bigt8261 View Post

    She wanted me to come up with a way to guarantee that anyone with a firearm is a good guy.
    You should have offered her a guarantee ... sure I guarantee it! So, you are fine now.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    181
    How about:

    Well the law says that you can only carry if you're a good guy, so the law guarantees it. Right?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Gobles, MI
    Posts
    178
    Don't let them get you down Tom!

  5. #5
    Regular Member HKcarrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by bigt8261 View Post
    Already posted
    I got her to acknowledge that mass shootings seem to only occur in places like schools, theaters and malls, but when I said that mass shootings only occur in places that ban firearms as she would like, she then rejected my premise.



    She can reject your premise all she wants, however it's factually correct. Her rejection amounts to sticking covering her ears while saying lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala.....
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

  6. #6
    Regular Member TheQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lansing, Michigan
    Posts
    3,448

    Stop the War on Women lobbies for gun restrictions at Grand Rapids city meetings

    Quote Originally Posted by HKcarrier View Post
    She can reject your premise all she wants, however it's factually correct. Her rejection amounts to sticking covering her ears while saying lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala.....
    AKA "butthurt"
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

    I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

    Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Gobles, MI
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    AKA "butthurt"
    butthurt indeed

  8. #8
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    Re: Stop the War on Women lobbies for gun restrictions at Grand Rapids city meetings

    How is carrying a gun a "war on women"? My wife carries one or more, so is she waging war on men? This whole thing reeks of a straw-woman whipped by Mayor butt-hurt and his pals in city hall.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

    “Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #9
    Regular Member Bikenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,756
    Quote Originally Posted by bigt8261 View Post
    Already posted in MOC forums, but I might as well post this here too.

    Stop the War on Women lobbies for gun restrictions at Grand Rapids city meetings
    http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi....html#comments

    I had to deal with another one of those people who just want to put you down and degrade you and then leave before you can respond. However, this time I was persistent and was able to engage her in conversation for a min or two. At least when she finally stopped interrupting me. As she started walking away, I sternly chided her for just wanting to interrupt and demean without allowing me to provide a few points of my own.

    She wanted me to come up with a way to guarantee that anyone with a firearm is a good guy. I asked her how she could guarantee that her laws would work.

    I got her to acknowledge that mass shootings seem to only occur in places like schools, theaters and malls, but when I said that mass shootings only occur in places that ban firearms as she would like, she then rejected my premise.
    I have absolutely no doubt that when a bad guy starts shooting up the place that woman would be the very first to hide behind a good guy with a gun.

    I personally have no patience for the sanctimonious hypocrisy these elitist control freak anti gunners spew.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastpointe Michigan
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by bigt8261 View Post
    Already posted in MOC forums, but I might as well post this here too.

    Stop the War on Women lobbies for gun restrictions at Grand Rapids city meetings
    http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi....html#comments

    I had to deal with another one of those people who just want to put you down and degrade you and then leave before you can respond. However, this time I was persistent and was able to engage her in conversation for a min or two. At least when she finally stopped interrupting me. As she started walking away, I sternly chided her for just wanting to interrupt and demean without allowing me to provide a few points of my own.

    She wanted me to come up with a way to guarantee that anyone with a firearm is a good guy. I asked her how she could guarantee that her laws would work.

    I got her to acknowledge that mass shootings seem to only occur in places like schools, theaters and malls, but when I said that mass shootings only occur in places that ban firearms as she would like, she then rejected my premise.
    She seems to feel that anyone with a gun should automatically be assumed to be a criminal, well then by her logic anyone with a Vagina can automatically be assumed to be a prostitute. Ask her if she can guarantee you that she's not a w hore.
    Last edited by Small_Arms_Collector; 02-20-2013 at 09:06 PM.

  11. #11
    Michigan Moderator Shadow Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    1,018
    Every pro-2A woman should be at the next city council meeting to clarify that those hags don't represent all women!
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

    'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •