• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stop the War on Women lobbies for gun restrictions at Grand Rapids city meetings

bigt8261

Already posted in MOC forums, but I might as well post this here too.

Stop the War on Women lobbies for gun restrictions at Grand Rapids city meetings
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/02/stop_the_war_on_women_lobbies.html#comments

I had to deal with another one of those people who just want to put you down and degrade you and then leave before you can respond. However, this time I was persistent and was able to engage her in conversation for a min or two. At least when she finally stopped interrupting me. As she started walking away, I sternly chided her for just wanting to interrupt and demean without allowing me to provide a few points of my own.

She wanted me to come up with a way to guarantee that anyone with a firearm is a good guy. I asked her how she could guarantee that her laws would work.

I got her to acknowledge that mass shootings seem to only occur in places like schools, theaters and malls, but when I said that mass shootings only occur in places that ban firearms as she would like, she then rejected my premise.

HKcarrier

Already posted
I got her to acknowledge that mass shootings seem to only occur in places like schools, theaters and malls, but when I said that mass shootings only occur in places that ban firearms as she would like, she then rejected my premise.

She can reject your premise all she wants, however it's factually correct. Her rejection amounts to sticking covering her ears while saying lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala.....

FreeInAZ

How is carrying a gun a "war on women"? My wife carries one or more, so is she waging war on men? This whole thing reeks of a straw-woman whipped by Mayor butt-hurt and his pals in city hall. :(

B

Bikenut

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/02/stop_the_war_on_women_lobbies.html#comments

I had to deal with another one of those people who just want to put you down and degrade you and then leave before you can respond. However, this time I was persistent and was able to engage her in conversation for a min or two. At least when she finally stopped interrupting me. As she started walking away, I sternly chided her for just wanting to interrupt and demean without allowing me to provide a few points of my own.

She wanted me to come up with a way to guarantee that anyone with a firearm is a good guy. I asked her how she could guarantee that her laws would work.

I have absolutely no doubt that when a bad guy starts shooting up the place that woman would be the very first to hide behind a good guy with a gun.

I personally have no patience for the sanctimonious hypocrisy these elitist control freak anti gunners spew.

Small_Arms_Collector

She seems to feel that anyone with a gun should automatically be assumed to be a criminal, well then by her logic anyone with a Vagina can automatically be assumed to be a prostitute. Ask her if she can guarantee you that she's not a w hore.

Last edited:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Every pro-2A woman should be at the next city council meeting to clarify that those hags don't represent all women!