Thread: SB 5660 - Gun Safety Education in Schools K-12

SB 5660 - Gun Safety Education in Schools K-12

One bill that may be worth supporting.

You can make your comment here:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summ...5660&year=2013

Based on the Eddie Eagle program...allows parents to opt out....from existing funding (NRA may have grant support)
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by jt59 View Post
    One bill that may be worth supporting.

You can make your comment here:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summ...5660&year=2013

Based on the Eddie Eagle program...allows parents to opt out....from existing funding (NRA may have grant support)
    Caution...look at the sponsers! This bill needs an addition before it is "good". I would suggest that everyone "comment" (go to the bill's comment link) that this instruction needs to be taught by VOLUNTEER licensed firearms instructors, not teachers. I am sure it would be easy to find licensed firearms instructors that would be willing to do this on a VOLUNTEER basis. Cost is going to be a big deal with this program.

Why? This could very easily turn into "guns are evil" propaganda in our schools. I am 100% for teaching firearms safety in school....I am 100% against teaching our very young students "guns are evil, don't touch".