• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

100% OC rights bill assigned to Committe

mspgunner

This is a 100% winning bill for open carry if it can become law!

This is the bill I and a very dedicated group of OCers from this forum have worked on for 3 years. This could be the year!

Senator Nieves' Bill SB268 - Regarding open carry has been referred to General Laws in the Senate (He is Chair of General Laws), no hearing date as yet. Hopefully very soon.

I STRONGLY URGE ANYONE WHO WANTS THIS SORT OF OC RIGHTS IN MISSOURI TO DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES FOR YOU TO GET TO THIS HEARING WHEN IT TAKES PLACE.
THE HEARING (IF AND WHEN) WILL BE ON A TUESDAY AT 3:00 PM IN THE SENATE HEARING ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, MISSOURI SATE CAPITOL.

THIS IS WHAT WE WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING ON THIS OC FORUM, YOU CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN!

I HAVE SPOKEN ON EVERY 2A BILL THIS YEAR IN JEFFERSON CITY, I'LL BE THERE, YOU SHOULD BE TOO!

THERE ARE NO GOOD EXCUSES IF YOU REALLY WANT YOU OC RIGHTS BACK AND ARE WILLING TO HELP!

HP995

Perfect.

This, together with the nullification bills, would make 2013 amazing.

SB 268 - Under current law, political subdivisions may enact ordinances regulating the open carrying of firearms. This act removes that authority so political subdivisions may not regulate the open carrying of firearms.

This act also requires that local ordinances regulating the discharge of firearms incorporate justification defenses provided by statute, which include self defense, defense of others, and defense of property.

Section A. Section 21.750, RSMo, is repealed and one new section enacted
2 in lieu thereof, to be known as section 21.750, to read as follows:
21.750. 1. The general assembly hereby occupies and preempts the entire
2 field of legislation touching in any way firearms, components, ammunition and
3 supplies to the complete exclusion of any order, ordinance or regulation by any
4 political subdivision of this state. Any existing or future orders, ordinances or
5 regulations in this field are hereby and shall be null and void except as provided
6 in subsection 3 of this section.
7 2. No county, city, town, village, municipality, or other political
8 subdivision of this state shall adopt any order, ordinance or regulation concerning
9 in any way the sale, purchase, purchase delay, transfer, ownership, use, keeping,
10 possession, bearing, transportation, licensing, permit, registration, taxation other
11 than sales and compensating use taxes or other controls on firearms, components,
12 ammunition, and supplies except as provided in subsection 3 of this section.
13 3. Nothing contained in this section shall prohibit any ordinance of any
14 political subdivision which conforms exactly with any of the provisions of sections
15 571.010 to 571.070, with appropriate penalty provisions, [[Strike]or which regulates the
16 open carrying of firearms readily capable of lethal use[/Strike]] or which regulates the
17 discharge of firearms within a jurisdiction, provided such ordinance complies with
18 the provisions of section 252.243, and incorporates all the justification
19 defenses provided under chapter 563

OC for ME

Blowing of the dust off my contacts list. Good bill.....fingers crossed. Any word on the view of SB268 on House side?

PM me if you have specific wording that I need to include in my e-mails that will be sent. I will also use these key words in my personal (face to face) contacts. I'll be working Wentzville area hard for SB268.

mspgunner

Blowing of the dust off my contacts list. Good bill.....fingers crossed. Any word on the view of SB268 on House side?

PM me if you have specific wording that I need to include in my e-mails that will be sent. I will also use these key words in my personal (face to face) contacts. I'll be working Wentzville area hard for SB268.

There is nothing to do right now, the process is working.
I hav elearned... If the system is "working", don't buck the system. If we need an email, letter writing campaign.... We'll do that. It worked for us last year to get the OC bill heard on the floor of the house. It worked so well the speaker of the Misosuri House called ME and asked how I reached so many people to cantact his office. I told him "Facebook".
That is what go our bill to the floor of the Missouri House.
If you do not subscribe to Facebook, there are more Missouri OC Patriots on Facebook then there are here!
That my friends is the "POWER" of social media.

If we swamp our legislators with emails, phone.... NOW, it wil lnot serve us well. They wil lignore thembecause it ties up their phone lines and email. They look at it as "spam".

If andd when the need arises to swamp them with a specific request for a hearing or a debate in the House or Senate, then we may have to resort to that. At th emoment it is not necesary, we have many good friends in Jefferson City woking "FOR" us, let's just let them work.

It is difficult to show "restraint". Tell you what, if you want to make contact with the "your" elected official it is always a good idea to send them a letter, email, or visit them in Jefferson City and them you support the 2nd amendment, the righ to open carry amd you hope they will support your point of view! Very good idea.

But I would "NOT" swamp the committee chairs or the leadership because righ tnow they are on our side and doing quite well at it. We are getting a hearing in General Laws in the senate, it will come up soon.

Just a side note: I have met with and shaken hands with the State Rep who "amended" the OC bill last year on the floor of the House. He won't do it again, peace is at hand! It took some doing trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay involved people, people power counts!!!!

Last edited:

kcgunfan

If you do not subscribe to Facebook, there are more Missouri OC Patriots on Facebook then there are here!
That my friends is the "POWER" of social media.

I have yet been fruitful in finding the correct group on FB, can you post a link?

Oramac

Awesome news!!!

THE HEARING (IF AND WHEN) WILL BE ON A TUESDAY AT 3:00 PM IN THE SENATE HEARING ROOM, 1ST FLOOR, MISSOURI SATE CAPITOL.

About how much warning can we expect for this? A week? A few hours? It'd be great to go but even calling in to work still requires lead time.

mspgunner

Keeping my powder dry.....awaiting further orders. Keep up the good work, reinforcements are at the ready if needed.

Don't get me wrong, everyone certainly is free to communicate as they wish. After 11 years of political involvement at the State level and numerous contacts with current legislators, it took a long time to really get a grasp of how things "really" work. The ability of a bill to become law "IS by design very difficult. There are a couple of thousand bills filed every year in Jefferson City. It takes many different factors to be successful. People ask me a ll th etime "How do I get involved".
There are many ways -
Get involved locally with municipal government.
Run for an office.
Get involved with a political party at the local level (Central committee) "D" or "R" (Frankly the others have no influence, sorry that is the truth)
Volunteer for campaign work (Local, state or Federal)
Keep in touch with your elected officials.
Send contributions to campaigns (large or small, anything WILL get your name noticed)

We have great apathy in this country, decisions are made by the few because the many are silent.
You would be amazed what can be done by a few if they put in a little time. That is why "our" bill went some where last year and some where this year. How far it wil go remains to be seen. So far so good, stay tuned, there may be a calling, we'll see. The OC rights bill in the Senate will NOT be heard Tuesday the 26th of Feb. It may very well be heard in Committee on March 5th, we'll have to wait and see. If people want to show up and speak for this bill I would venture to guess, and it's only a guess, that it will be heard in the Senare General Laws Committee March 5th at 3:00 PM in the Senate Hearing Room, 1st floor, Missouri State Capitol.

REALteach4u

Stuck beating my head against the wall yet again because they ARE NOT LISTENING. Update: SJR 14 might actually become unenforcible at the County, municipal, and political subdivision levels if Section 3 of what's in the OP remains in effect.

Modifying this law as Nieves intends does in fact leave the ability for the County, municipality, and political subdivisions to come up with their own crap. They can simply redefine things and be good to go. Section 3, granting such authority to those entities, should be repealed 100% and those entities should be FORCED to comply with State law.

Sadly, we're stuck in progressive mode where our politicians keep gnawing away a little at a time. We have both the House and Senate. Push things through and make things right while ensuring those changes CANNOT be undone providing STIFF penatly of law for attempts to overturn or undo them in the future. The Democrats seem to like this approach, so why not give them a taste of their own methodologies.

Again, Constitutional carry is the only true resolution to the entire matter.

I'll give my support on this, though I'd like to see it actually repeal Section 3 entirely or rewrite it so the County, municipality, and the political subdivisions must comply with State law and cannot further restrict.

Bad enough we have 4 politicians in St. Louis in clear violation of 18 USC 241 and 18 USC 242 while folks sit back doing nothing about it.

Last edited:

mspgunner

Stuck beating my head against the wall yet again because they ARE NOT LISTENING. Update: SJR 14 might actually become unenforcible at the County, municipal, and political subdivision levels if Section 3 of what's in the OP remains in effect.

Modifying this law as Nieves intends does in fact leave the ability for the County, municipality, and political subdivisions to come up with their own crap. They can simply redefine things and be good to go. Section 3, granting such authority to those entities, should be repealed 100% and those entities should be FORCED to comply with State law.

Sadly, we're stuck in progressive mode where our politicians keep gnawing away a little at a time. We have both the House and Senate. Push things through and make things right while ensuring those changes CANNOT be undone providing STIFF penatly of law for attempts to overturn or undo them in the future. The Democrats seem to like this approach, so why not give them a taste of their own methodologies.

Again, Constitutional carry is the only true resolution to the entire matter.

I'll give my support on this, though I'd like to see it actually repeal Section 3 entirely or rewrite it so the County, municipality, and the political subdivisions must comply with State law and cannot further restrict.

Bad enough we have 4 politicians in St. Louis in clear violation of 18 USC 241 and 18 USC 242 while folks sit back doing nothing about it.

SB268 removes sec 21.750.3

We hope it flies...........

Redbaron007

Keep us posted on when it is time to speak for it.

I have business up in that area from time to time. If it coincides, I'd like to be there.

mspgunner

Keep us posted on when it is time to speak for it.

I have business up in that area from time to time. If it coincides, I'd like to be there.

There are committee hearings on 2A isues of one sort or another every week on Tuesdays:
http://www.house.mo.gov/
The abouve link will take you to the Missouri House web site, scroll down to "committees", See " Hearing Schedules" - there is one for the House and One for the Senate.
2A Bills ar eheard usuallu by General Laws on Tuesdays.

When OC Bills coem up I'll post them, I wil not post every single 2A Bill for a hearing, you certainly can help yourself. There is one (NOT OC) this Tuesday Feb. 26th in the Senate General Laws Committee.