Thread: I'm speechless

I'm speechless

Kansas has a bill to put a limit on the TSA groping of travelers

Here is a link to an article: http://www.travelerstoday.com/articl...-pat-downs.htm that includes comments from some that are against the bill. But I'm gonna give you the FUMQ (fair use money quote)

"I think it's a waste of our time," said Rep. Louis Ruiz, D-Kansas City. "We have law enforcement officers at every level that may abuse their powers. Are we going to make laws for all of them, too?"

I stopped stocking for the zombie apocalypse. I now stock for the liberal apocalypse.

Founder's Club Member
    ...Rep. Louis Ruiz, D-Kansas City. "We have law enforcement officers at every level that may abuse their powers. Are we going to make laws for all of them, too?"
    Yes, please.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Well, they make laws to stop us from abusing our RKBA.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Well, they make laws to stop us from abusing our RKBA.
    +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1!!!!!!!!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Just to add fuel to the fire: When I flew from the United States, a supposedly free country, to China, a totalitarian nation, I was subjected to being felt by another male in places that only my wife and doctor have any need to touch. Coming the other way, from China to the United States, I was subjected to a lot less of this sort of idiocy until I got to the United States.

Funny that, outside the United States, El Al does not subject its passengers to these humiliating searches and, to my knowledge, no El Al flight has ever been either bombed or hijacked.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Just to add fuel to the fire: When I flew from the United States, a supposedly free country, to China, a totalitarian nation, I was subjected to being felt by another male in places that only my wife and doctor have any need to touch. Coming the other way, from China to the United States, I was subjected to a lot less of this sort of idiocy until I got to the United States.

Funny that, outside the United States, El Al does not subject its passengers to these humiliating searches and, to my knowledge, no El Al flight has ever been either bombed or hijacked.
    I'm immune to nationalism and have traveled abroad. At this point, many nations are freer than the U.S. The two things that separate the U.S from other countries (in a good way) are some states maintain the right to bear arms reasonably well, and we also have political free speech nation wide. If we didn't have those, I'm convinced this country would be North Korea on steroids.

Did you fly domestically in China? No security where I went. None. Nada. Zip. Amazing that they have the right to travel unmolested........ I hear the Amerikan (sic) slave in the background wearing his NFL jersey, "But I have the right to fly SAFE!"
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

There are very few countries other than the US that have a wide variety of cultures. The vast, very vast, majority of countries are homogenous societies/cultures. The US culture has retarded to a point that is not conducive to domestic commercial air travel as it was back in the day.

A plurality of our fellow citizens have traded security for liberty.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare