Thread: 2A Update by Senator Nieves

2A Update by Senator Nieves

You'll need media player to see this:
    http://www.senate.mo.gov/media/13inf...1913-Broad.wmv
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Re: 2A Update by Senator Nieves

Then I guess I won't see it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I will continue to see how this proceeds, at a first glance it looks good
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    Then I guess I won't see it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Sorry, it is in "media player" format.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    Sorry, it is in "media player" format.
    It's in Windows Media Player format, which is perfectly fine, if the Senator wants it to be viewed by people with Windows PC's. If the Senator would like for everyone to be able to access it, he's going to need to convert it.

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    It's in Windows Media Player format, which is perfectly fine, if the Senator wants it to be viewed by people with Windows PC's. If the Senator would like for everyone to be able to access it, he's going to need to convert it.
    I presume you're on a Mac? Quicktime plays WMV files, you know.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

MSP,

In your other thread involving the dreaded Section 3 giving the Counties, municipalities, and the political subdivisions certain powers on firearms....
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ed-to-Committe

Would SJR 14 be unenforcable at the County, Municipal, and political subdivision levels when put up against that dreaded Section 3, even once the "open carry" portion is removed?

It seems to me that the last line of SJR 14 is in clear conflict with the dreaded Section 3.
    Last edited by REALteach4u; 02-22-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by REALteach4u View Post
    MSP,

In your other thread involving the dreaded Section 3 giving the Counties, municipalities, and the political subdivisions certain powers on firearms....
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ed-to-Committe

Would SJR 14 be unenforcable at the County, Municipal, and political subdivision levels when put up against that dreaded Section 3, even once the "open carry" portion is removed?

It seems to me that the last line of SJR 14 is in clear conflict with the dreaded Section 3.
    Don't know for sure. Besides these bills have a long way to go and are subject to revision. The show isn't over till the fat lady sings. There can stil be many changes.

Tentatively to be heard March 12 is the preemption bill for OC in Missouri!
    This is some thing I have personally have been working on for three years.
    If there was ever the most important reason to call in sick, take a vacation day or go AWOL from work or school this is it!
    This bill removes "Municipal" prohibition for OC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SB 268 Repeals authority for political subdivisions to regulate open carrying of firearms and requires certain local ordinances incorporate statutory justifications

Sponsor: Nieves

LR Number: 1331S.01I Fiscal Note not available
    Committee:
    Last Action: 2/6/2013 - S First Read--SB 268-Nieves Journal Page:
    Title: Calendar Position: 58
    Effective Date: August 28, 2013

Full Bill Text
    | All Actions
    | Amendments/CCRs/CCSs
    | Available Summaries
    | Senate Home Page
    | List of 2013 Senate Bills

Current Bill Summary

SB 268 - Under current law, political subdivisions may enact ordinances regulating the open carrying of firearms. This act removes that authority so political subdivisions may not regulate the open carrying of firearms.
    This act also requires that local ordinances regulating the discharge of firearms incorporate justification defenses provided by statute, which include self defense, defense of others, and defense of property.
    MEGHAN LUECKE

Delay!!!

The preemption bill SB268 (By Nieves) WILL NOT BE heard March 12th. A call has been placed to gain more information.

Well, that is quite disappointing to hear. I am curious as to why it was delayed. It is a "common sense" gun bill after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Well, that is quite disappointing to hear. I am curious as to why it was delayed. It is a "common sense" gun bill after all.
    You have to remember that there is more on the Senate's plate than this one bill, There are many reasons why the hearing may be delayed. But since it's Senator's Nieve's Committee, I'm going to assume it's for a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Not a "common sense" gun bill, actually a lot of opposition, that's why it has taken years to even try and fix this.
    I'll be speaking with the good senator soon. What 'ya al have to understand is I might or might not post the reasons behind this delay. My guess is, there is a good reason and we may have to wait till the end of the legislative session to post anything more about this at all.
    It's politics.

I was attempting to frame the common sense part as in it should be common sense that the gun laws should be uniform throughout the state instead of its current patchwork status. Citizens should not have to go through the onerous hassle of needing to dig up the ordinances of every city and county in order find out if open carry is permitted and if you need to have a conceal carry permit to open carry.

I do realize that it has lots of opposition but it really shouldn't since it can make otherwise law-abiding citizens inadvertently break the law. The current status is not acceptable.

Why is the Missouri State Legislature so afraid of the Missouri Municipal League and the Missouri Chamber of Commerce? Is it because money speaks in such a loud voice or what?