• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fox Nation: Mexico wants info

eye95

Almost everyday on my scanner I hear a call where police are going to a house and before they get there they ask dispatch to run a firearms check. Many times dispatch comes back and tells the officers of various firearms registered to the person.

I guess dispatch just gets that information from............?

I don't know. But I do know that they are not getting it from the electronic 4473 as you are implying. I have no idea how California interferes in the process, but NONE of the firearm information from the 4473 goes to the FBI when the NICS is run. Your FFL buddy is talking through his hat, he is flat-out lying, or you totally misunderstood what he said on the matter.

OldCurlyWolf

Almost everyday on my scanner I hear a call where police are going to a house and before they get there they ask dispatch to run a firearms check. Many times dispatch comes back and tells the officers of various firearms registered to the person.

I guess dispatch just gets that information from............?

That is Kalifornicated.

The majority of the states that doesn't work.

eye95

Seriously. And he sticks his nose into every State's forums, regardless of the State in which his basement is located.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

davidmcbeth

Banned
Seriously. And he sticks his nose into every State's forums, regardless of the State in which his basement is located.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Ok big fella ... cool your jets .. cite a rule where that's improper or mosey on ..

DrakeZ07

True but the ca part of his name is kind of a give away, he appears to be from the demokratik people's republik of kalifornia. The caliban have a total registry, except for criminals of course.

And

That is Kalifornicated.

The majority of the states that doesn't work.

May I ask why it is, that when someone wishes to convey a negative view of a person, place, or thing; they often replace all, or most, of the letters 'c' with the letter 'k'?

Small_Arms_Collector

And

May I ask why it is, that when someone wishes to convey a negative view of a person, place, or thing; they often replace all, or most, of the letters 'c' with the letter 'k'?

It makes it look more commie. I think it originates from German, often in German a K is used where we would use a K, and the Germans spent much of the 20th century being repressive *******, first the Nazis, then East Germany, an example of this is the Afrika corp. I believe they also spell America as "Amerika". Thus if you want to portray California as the nest of communist fucks that it is you spell it Kalifornia.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran

I think it's because the Cyrillic alphabet only uses the 'k' to represent our hard 'c' sound, Cyrillic being the alphabet of the Russian/Soviet countries. So, yeah, that's how a typical communist would write that sound.

Last edited: