Thread: Sort of a rant...

Exclamation Sort of a rant...

Went down town at 1:30 In Battle Creek today to meet with Representative Justin Amamsh. It was a good meeting. I was able to have him 1 on 1 for over a half hour...
    Talked National Deposit,
    Talked Democrats,
    Talked budget cuts,
    Talked family,
    Talked guns (a lot) turns out he has a MI CCW and has a Glock, and is on our side.
    So here's the rant, He took the time to see us... but other than his staff, there were only 4 other people there to ask questions (2 of them were pro gun) Which was why I was able to monopolize him for so long...
    Now this WHERE WAS THE REST OF THE GUN COMMUNITY, DON'T YOU CARE???

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Went down town at 1:30 In Battle Creek today to meet with Representative Justin Amamsh. It was a good meeting. I was able to have him 1 on 1 for over a half hour...
    Talked National Deposit,
    Talked Democrats,
    Talked budget cuts,
    Talked family,
    Talked guns (a lot) turns out he has a MI CCW and has a Glock, and is on our side.
    So here's the rant, He took the time to see us... but other than his staff, there were only 4 other people there to ask questions (2 of them were pro gun) Which was why I was able to monopolize him for so long...
    Working, perhaps?
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Nah, people do not work on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    Working, perhaps?
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Founder's Club Member
    Its good to talk, but politicians can pretend like they're listening.

Dennis Fusario, former lobbyist and current VCDL effective activist, tells the story of how a large gun rights organization got promises from legislators, and then when it came time to vote on a bill, the legislators pulled a political tactic and voted the way they wanted--not the way they'd promised. Dennis, already experienced by that time, pointed out to the ambushed 2A guys that of course the legislators voted that way--they hadn't instilled the fear of god in the legislators. The fear of god being voted out of office or having heavy weather come election time.

The moral of the story is that the fear of election-time repercussions is what counts the most. Spend time with your legislators, yes. Spend even more time building your membership base so you can make them feel the pain if they don't vote the way you want. Also, at gunlaws.com is a primer of how the left took so much control of the political process starting back in the 1960's or 70's. They started with grass roots and taking control of the local nomination process. They made sure their own people were nominated as local delegates to state conventions and so forth.

Both methods work. Much better than even ten people writing or visiting their legislators. Get busy and start building a pro-2A group like VCDL.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    Working, perhaps?
    I stayed till 3:30 the local plants let out at 3... It was rather disappointing we could have, should have had a far better show.
    Now I agree that for someone to drive 25 or 30 miles would not be expected, but dang we have a heap of OC people in the area and not even 1 showed up....

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar
    1) I didnt here he was going to be around, wouldnt mind chating with him glade you got to. 2) he is not one I worry about he is one our side. 3) as stated above I think most of us work, if ai didnt have to work I would be at more than just his gatherings. 4) you will know next time to put out a heads up and more people might show.

Thumbs up

His schedule was supposedly posted in the local Enquirer ( I stopped taking that rag) and was announced on Renk in the morning on B 95, which is where I found out...
    Due to district lines changing my previous Fred Upton who I have had multiple meet and greets with, know is on our side but WRT Justin I had read (another forum) that he as against us, and wanted to find out first hand what his stance is. If I do get sufficient notice of another meeting I will post it here..
    Last edited by Sheldon; 02-22-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Talked National Deposit,
    Talked Democrats,
    Talked budget cuts,
    Talked family,
    I knew he had a CPL. How did I know this? He appeared at the Kent County Gun Board meeting which, back when I first applied, required everyone to show up and discuss their application.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    I knew he had a CPL. How did I know this? He appeared at the Kent County Gun Board meeting which, back when I first applied, required everyone to show up and discuss their application.
    So that means he has had it and supported gun Rights for quiet a spell, good to know :-)