• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sort of a rant...

Sheldon

Went down town at 1:30 In Battle Creek today to meet with Representative Justin Amamsh. It was a good meeting. I was able to have him 1 on 1 for over a half hour...
Talked National Deposit,
Talked Democrats,
Talked budget cuts,
Talked family,
Talked guns (a lot) turns out he has a MI CCW and has a Glock, and is on our side.
So here's the rant, He took the time to see us... but other than his staff, there were only 4 other people there to ask questions (2 of them were pro gun) Which was why I was able to monopolize him for so long...
Now this WHERE WAS THE REST OF THE GUN COMMUNITY, DON'T YOU CARE???

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Went down town at 1:30 In Battle Creek today to meet with Representative Justin Amamsh. It was a good meeting. I was able to have him 1 on 1 for over a half hour...
Talked National Deposit,
Talked Democrats,
Talked budget cuts,
Talked family,
Talked guns (a lot) turns out he has a MI CCW and has a Glock, and is on our side.
So here's the rant, He took the time to see us... but other than his staff, there were only 4 other people there to ask questions (2 of them were pro gun) Which was why I was able to monopolize him for so long...

Working, perhaps?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Its good to talk, but politicians can pretend like they're listening.

Dennis Fusario, former lobbyist and current VCDL effective activist, tells the story of how a large gun rights organization got promises from legislators, and then when it came time to vote on a bill, the legislators pulled a political tactic and voted the way they wanted--not the way they'd promised. Dennis, already experienced by that time, pointed out to the ambushed 2A guys that of course the legislators voted that way--they hadn't instilled the fear of god in the legislators. The fear of god being voted out of office or having heavy weather come election time.

The moral of the story is that the fear of election-time repercussions is what counts the most. Spend time with your legislators, yes. Spend even more time building your membership base so you can make them feel the pain if they don't vote the way you want. Also, at gunlaws.com is a primer of how the left took so much control of the political process starting back in the 1960's or 70's. They started with grass roots and taking control of the local nomination process. They made sure their own people were nominated as local delegates to state conventions and so forth.

Both methods work. Much better than even ten people writing or visiting their legislators. Get busy and start building a pro-2A group like VCDL.

Sheldon

Working, perhaps?

I stayed till 3:30 the local plants let out at 3... It was rather disappointing we could have, should have had a far better show.
Now I agree that for someone to drive 25 or 30 miles would not be expected, but dang we have a heap of OC people in the area and not even 1 showed up....

quarter horseman

1) I didnt here he was going to be around, wouldnt mind chating with him glade you got to. 2) he is not one I worry about he is one our side. 3) as stated above I think most of us work, if ai didnt have to work I would be at more than just his gatherings. 4) you will know next time to put out a heads up and more people might show.

Sheldon

His schedule was supposedly posted in the local Enquirer ( I stopped taking that rag) and was announced on Renk in the morning on B 95, which is where I found out...
Due to district lines changing my previous Fred Upton who I have had multiple meet and greets with, know is on our side but WRT Justin I had read (another forum) that he as against us, and wanted to find out first hand what his stance is. If I do get sufficient notice of another meeting I will post it here..

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Talked National Deposit,
Talked Democrats,
Talked budget cuts,
Talked family,

I knew he had a CPL. How did I know this? He appeared at the Kent County Gun Board meeting which, back when I first applied, required everyone to show up and discuss their application.

Sheldon

I knew he had a CPL. How did I know this? He appeared at the Kent County Gun Board meeting which, back when I first applied, required everyone to show up and discuss their application.

So that means he has had it and supported gun Rights for quiet a spell, good to know :)