• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Possible sticky about getting an Oregon CPL?

heresolong

Every once in a while someone asks me about getting an Oregon CPL and that reminds me that I haven't made it all the way down from Blaine to do that. I search and browse the Washington OC site trying to find all those great posts about which sheriff's to contact and what counties to go to and I can never find them. Any chance that someone could dig those out and turn them into a sticky? Seems like there would be a lot of people in Washington that would like to have this info since there are a fair number of places in Oregon that require a CPL to OC.

Thanks.

kparker

Columbia County, St. Helens is the county seat. Not only are they good about issuing permits to WA residents, they're about as close as you can get for anybody in Western WA north of Longview.

My original OR permit was from there; a recent change of Sheriff made it sound like the new office-holder was going to be a lot more restrictive:

http://www.co.columbia.or.us/sheriff/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27&Itemid=53

But as far as I can tell, it's not really the case; at least in the case of renewals they don't even ask you to resubmit the letter of request, and mine was renewed w/no issues at all.