• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New OC holster I made for when I want to look snazzy.

WalkingWolf

chambered but de-cocked. I can thumb the hammer back as I draw. it also has the added safety, which I wish it didn't.

Be careful carrying like that, Tok's have a positive firing pin, which means with the hammer at rest the FP is resting on the primer. You would probably be better to put the hammer in the safety notch. Tok's have a heavy safety notch. There was after market firing pins at one time that changed the FP to a inertia FP, but some claim they are finicky with surplus ammo. Just a suggestion.

I carry a 51 Navy conversion 38 spl. I carry with the FP resting between the case heads. I also carry at times a 1911 and carry with the hammer down on a chambered round(condition 2). But the 1911 has a inertia firing pin. I have been wanting and researching Tok's for some time. At some point I will break down and buy one, but I spent about a week reading every article I could find, that is how I knew about the FP.

Last edited:

CopBlockRVA

Be careful carrying like that, Tok's have a positive firing pin, which means with the hammer at rest the FP is resting on the primer. You would probably be better to put the hammer in the safety notch. Tok's have a heavy safety notch. There was after market firing pins at one time that changed the FP to a inertia FP, but some claim they are finicky with surplus ammo. Just a suggestion.

I carry a 51 Navy conversion 38 spl. I carry with the FP resting between the case heads. I also carry at times a 1911 and carry with the hammer down on a chambered round(condition 2). But the 1911 has a inertia firing pin. I have been wanting and researching Tok's for some time. At some point I will break down and buy one, but I spent about a week reading every article I could find, that is how I knew about the FP.

I should have been more clear, I keep it at half cock which is about 1/8 in off the firing pin. They are not the best carry gun but they are fine if you use common sense. If you get one and have normal sized man hands I would recommend the yugo with the longer grip. My Romanian is a little small, thats why I added the Hogue JR. grip for a little added control. It is a surprisingly accurate gun, I think you will enjoy one. Only costing about $200 is nice too :cool:

FreeInAZ

I should have been more clear, I keep it at half cock which is about 1/8 in off the firing pin. They are not the best carry gun but they are fine if you use common sense. If you get one and have normal sized man hands I would recommend the yugo with the longer grip. My Romanian is a little small, thats why I added the Hogue JR. grip for a little added control. It is a surprisingly accurate gun, I think you will enjoy one. Only costing about $200 is nice too :cool:

How do you like the 7.62x25? (Correct me if I goofed). Are you having a hard time finding ammo? Sorry for questions. I have been thinking about getting a Tok. Just do not want to end up where I am with all my other caliber pistols ( not shooting much do to ammo shortages)..:afraid to burn my reserve. rolleyes:

1245A Defender

Well,,,

How do you like the 7.62x25? (Correct me if I goofed). Are you having a hard time finding ammo? Sorry for questions. I have been thinking about getting a Tok. Just do not want to end up where I am with all my other caliber pistols ( not shooting much do to ammo shortages)..:afraid to burn my reserve. rolleyes:

This cartridge is a Fire Breathing Dragon!!!
I traded my spare Drako for a Yugo M 57 and a CZ 52,,, they are great fun and shoot great!!!
But part of the deal was buyng 2400 rds of milsurp ammo,,, Ill never run out,, Im 60

ETA see this ammo http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produ...j-ammo/cName/762x25-tokarev-full-metal-jacket

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Thanks Defender for the reply. I am going to get a yugo M57. I have huge hands so the longer grip is needed. Plus I like the idea of an extra round. :D