Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Greater Richmond Area OC Breakfast, Sat. 2/23/13, 9:30 AM

Greater Richmond Area OC Breakfast, Sat. 2/23, 9:30 AM

River City Diner

Parham Rd & I-95...................view map
    803 East Parham Rd
    804-266-1500
    Richmond, VA 23227

• Reserved parking: Yes for early arrivals.
    • Exterior service: Only at pre-meeting.
    • Don't forget to sign in for drink tokens - coffee, tea or soda only.
    • Possible guest of notable distinction.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-21-2013 at 10:08 AM. Reason: to break auto ad links
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

See y'all there!

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Greater Richmond Area OC Breakfast, Sat. 2/23, 9:30 AM

Ignore that man behind the curtain.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

probably be there, with (apparently I've been asked not to refer to him as 'mini-me' because "he's better looking than you" I think were the words used) Logan. He's had an ear infection this week so just depends how he's feeling.

Well.........

Okay, if I have to. Were it not for the fine company and excellent conversation plus the added advantage of the world famous "Garbage Platter", I would refrain from crossing North of the James.

I guess I can find my passport and head over there.

(If I don't get called in to work again) ;>)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I'll be there. I need to let it dry some before I set any traps.
    Last edited by peter nap; 02-21-2013 at 10:09 PM.

unless a major miracel, i'm a no-go. got stabbed in the chest by docs at the va and i still can't move the arm very well. also seem to have picked up pneumonia. narcotic pain relievers for the win, even though it means long naps.

y'all talk about me, hear!

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    unless a major miracel, i'm a no-go. got stabbed in the chest by docs at the va and i still can't move the arm very well. also seem to have picked up pneumonia. narcotic pain relievers for the win, even though it means long naps.

stay safe.
    Take care of yourself and get some rest Skid.

We'll talk about you but not as much as that headstone salesman that fell out of his chair

sorry to hear that skid .. hope you're feeling better soon

Well, be sure

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

stay safe.
    you will be missed, but also be sure we WILL talk about you. ;>)

Waaal, PHoo! Part of my reason for being there was to conduct some bidniss with Skidmark; another reason was that there was a guy who was supposed to meet me at RCD to sell me an early S&W 36-1 for four hundred bucks and he's apparently cancelled that deal. And I also have to go to Orange, Christiansburg and Charlottesville tomorrow. So I'm going to crap out, too.
    Last edited by user; 02-22-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Took Skid to the VA horsepital and played the hurry up and wait game. He seems to be in good hands and is getting the necessary treatment. Best guess is that he will be there a day or two for R & R.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

As always

Good friends, good food, and good conversation.

One of the main topics of conversation was the missing Grand Master of Gripe, The Skid! His absence was profound and very obvious. Hopefully, he will grace us next week.

It just ain't the same without him there. ;>(

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post

One of the main topics of conversation was the missing Grand Master of Gripe, The Skid! His absence was profound and very obvious. Hopefully, he will grace us next week.

yeah, other people get a chance to speak .. lol

So, by a vote of 5 to 1 y'all voted I ought to get better. Thanks.

My self diagnosis of pneumonia following being stabbed by VA docs has been revised to the Creeping Crud spread by some induhvidual (apologies to Scott Adams) who refused to either cover his face or wear a mask and coughed all over the area where I was waiting for my ride home after getting stabbed. Yes, I did move away, but apparently not far enough or fast enough. Those germ things is speedy little buggers.

stay safe.

PS - no, they did not stab me because they could not stand me. It was agreed that we would try and upgrade my bionics. It was a partial success and we will try the harder, more invasive route to complete the job after I recover from the Creeping Crud.

----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post

Skidmark doesn't gripe, and popular opinion to the contrary, he is not a curmudgeon. It's just that he's in charge of explaining the true nature of reality to the rest of us dolts.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    Skidmark doesn't gripe, and popular opinion to the contrary, he is not a curmudgeon. It's just that he's in charge of explaining the true nature of reality to the rest of us dolts.
    It's not that I'm right, merely that I'm less wrong. And no, I don't know everything - if I did I'd understand women and win the Lottery - in that order.

My secret? "Once you learn how to fake sincerity, it's all downhill," mixed with a bit of "I am so proud of myself for having completed my humility training."

And I am so a curmudgeon. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/curmudgeon Now get off my lawn!

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Being a public forum

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    I didn't want to say that Skidmark seems to P&** and moan, because he does have the habit of being right (Not to say correct, or that it is a bad thing) a lot.

None the less, I must admit I missed his guidance.

Here you go JC. I just finished one for you

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post

Defies description! Kudos to the messenger.

OCing in Virginia is not always about self-defense - it is also about not "needing" it too.

Thank You, Peter, how did you know exactly what I needed?

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post

It's perfect! Reminds me of when I was a kid and I could walk two minutes out my back door and see a very similar scene, thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you again for taking me back to where I can't go anymore. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful, thank you.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 v. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.