• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond Area OC Breakfast, Sat. 2/23/13, 9:30 AM

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Greater Richmond Area OC Breakfast, Sat. 2/23, 9:30 AM

River City Diner

Parham Rd & I-95...................view map
803 East Parham Rd
804-266-1500
Richmond, VA 23227

• Reserved parking: Yes for early arrivals.
  • Exterior service: Only at pre-meeting.
  • Don't forget to sign in for drink tokens - coffee, tea or soda only.
  • Possible guest of notable distinction.

Last edited:

scouser

probably be there, with (apparently I've been asked not to refer to him as 'mini-me' because "he's better looking than you" I think were the words used) Logan. He's had an ear infection this week so just depends how he's feeling.

va_tazdad

Well.........

Okay, if I have to. Were it not for the fine company and excellent conversation plus the added advantage of the world famous "Garbage Platter", I would refrain from crossing North of the James.

I guess I can find my passport and head over there.

(If I don't get called in to work again) ;>)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'll be there. I need to let it dry some before I set any traps.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
unless a major miracel, i'm a no-go. got stabbed in the chest by docs at the va and i still can't move the arm very well. also seem to have picked up pneumonia. narcotic pain relievers for the win, even though it means long naps.

y'all talk about me, hear!

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
unless a major miracel, i'm a no-go. got stabbed in the chest by docs at the va and i still can't move the arm very well. also seem to have picked up pneumonia. narcotic pain relievers for the win, even though it means long naps.

stay safe.

Take care of yourself and get some rest Skid.

We'll talk about you:banana::p but not as much as that headstone salesman that fell out of his chair:lol::lol::lol:

va_tazdad

Well, be sure

stay safe.

you will be missed, but also be sure we WILL talk about you. ;>)

user

Accomplished Advocate
Waaal, PHoo! Part of my reason for being there was to conduct some bidniss with Skidmark; another reason was that there was a guy who was supposed to meet me at RCD to sell me an early S&W 36-1 for four hundred bucks and he's apparently cancelled that deal. And I also have to go to Orange, Christiansburg and Charlottesville tomorrow. So I'm going to crap out, too.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Took Skid to the VA horsepital and played the hurry up and wait game. He seems to be in good hands and is getting the necessary treatment. Best guess is that he will be there a day or two for R & R.

va_tazdad

As always

Good friends, good food, and good conversation.

One of the main topics of conversation was the missing Grand Master of Gripe, The Skid! His absence was profound and very obvious. Hopefully, he will grace us next week.

It just ain't the same without him there. ;>(

scouser

One of the main topics of conversation was the missing Grand Master of Gripe, The Skid! His absence was profound and very obvious. Hopefully, he will grace us next week.

yeah, other people get a chance to speak .. lol

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So, by a vote of 5 to 1 y'all voted I ought to get better. Thanks.

My self diagnosis of pneumonia following being stabbed by VA docs has been revised to the Creeping Crud spread by some induhvidual (apologies to Scott Adams) who refused to either cover his face or wear a mask and coughed all over the area where I was waiting for my ride home after getting stabbed. Yes, I did move away, but apparently not far enough or fast enough. Those germ things is speedy little buggers.

stay safe.

PS - no, they did not stab me because they could not stand me. It was agreed that we would try and upgrade my bionics. It was a partial success and we will try the harder, more invasive route to complete the job after I recover from the Creeping Crud.

user

Accomplished Advocate

Skidmark doesn't gripe, and popular opinion to the contrary, he is not a curmudgeon. It's just that he's in charge of explaining the true nature of reality to the rest of us dolts.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Skidmark doesn't gripe, and popular opinion to the contrary, he is not a curmudgeon. It's just that he's in charge of explaining the true nature of reality to the rest of us dolts.

It's not that I'm right, merely that I'm less wrong. And no, I don't know everything - if I did I'd understand women and win the Lottery - in that order.

My secret? "Once you learn how to fake sincerity, it's all downhill," mixed with a bit of "I am so proud of myself for having completed my humility training."

And I am so a curmudgeon. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/curmudgeon Now get off my lawn!

stay safe.

va_tazdad

Being a public forum

I didn't want to say that Skidmark seems to P&** and moan, because he does have the habit of being right (Not to say correct, or that it is a bad thing) a lot.

None the less, I must admit I missed his guidance.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Here you go JC. I just finished one for you:lol:

snow-2_zps3f0802d3.jpg