Thread: How many have you seen?

How many have you seen?

In your immediate area how many other people have you seen OC'ing? I have seen 1.....

I'm a regular around the 40/42 are in South Garner and up to White Oak and don't see anyone else open carrying...and I've tried to be more observant since I began doing so myself last year. I live down Cleveland Rd (1010) and manage a business near Hwy 42 so I visit several of the stores/banks/gas stations around that area.
    I'll keep looking for you, though!
    Last edited by Hrcnsfan; 02-21-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Other than my family, only one, and that was before I started open carrying.
    We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.

Thomas Jefferson

I don't see as many as I used to before the privilege card. And I believe as OC is moved to the p card there will be even less. Think about it, people pay $150 and up for a concealed carry card most of them are going to feel cheated if they don't conceal. IMO our esteemed state lobbyist is doing his best to eliminate OC. Bills like the restaurant bill will lead to other bills tying OC to the P card, if we don't stomp our feet.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Not a single one

Quote Originally Posted by J-SiN View Post
    Not a single one
    Ditto..unless you count LEO..

How many have you seen?

Only 1 and that was a couple years ago. In carteret county

I havent seen any here where Im at, but Ive only been here <6 months right now. Im interested in OC, but hesitant, because I just dont want to have issues with liberals big mouths. Honestly, Im kinda nervous to OC for the first time, Ive cch for years, when I still had my permit.

I saw my first the other night and was very excited.

Saw three this morning at WalMart. Oh, wait, I was going by the fitting room mirrors.

Really, I see three or four a week at the Food Lion and at the WalMart. I see others at Lowe's (not the grocery).
    More often, I have some older fellow come up and thank me for carrying.

I live in Asheville. I have never seen another soul carry a firearm besides law enforcement. However, they typically act like they don't see me, so it's very boring to carry around here.

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    Saw three this morning at WalMart. Oh, wait, I was going by the fitting room mirrors.

Really, I see three or four a week at the Food Lion and at the WalMart. I see others at Lowe's (not the grocery).
    More often, I have some older fellow come up and thank me for carrying.
    A few weeks back I saw two LAC as I was exiting the Spring Lake Walmart. Both entering in separate doors so they were not together. Including me that made three LAC within the same time frame.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I've seen 2-3 in the Fayetteville area.

OC is still the law of the land, but many more folks are getting their CHP because of a lack of information. This, I believe, is a direct result of the influx of immigrants from the North East territory. I have seen a couple of OC individuals, but it is usually in the obvious places: gun club, gun store, Wal-Mart.

couple guys in the local Concord Walmart (one a couple weeks ago and the other about 2 months before that)...I am sure there are more, but as we do not shop there anymore, it is hard to tell.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

I see a dozen or so every time I go to an open carry meetup

I have seen 3 or 4 in the last few years.

My wife has seen 3-4 in the last couple years. I saw my first OC'er today at Food Lion in Hildebran. I started to get in line behind them, but picked the another line. Then noticed he was OC'ing. I would have probably talked to him but we did not cross paths on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bradburn View Post
    I see a dozen or so every time I go to an open carry meetup
    Greg, you beat me to that answer.
    Lannie
    GRNC Member and volunteer, NRA member and volunteer. Open Carry Advocate
    Triangle Open Carry Co-Organizer: Co-Chairman Johnston county Friends of the NRA.

Saw a guy carried left-sided at the Spring Lake WM yesterday. Made 2 of us, anyway. I had stopped on my way home from Range 37, dreaming that WM had a fresh supply of ammo. Nope.

how many different threads are we going to have all professing to ppl seeing others OC'g?

wabbit
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

I have seen this thread come up almost as often as the "what to wear while OC'ing" thread over the past years. both stem from the same issue: people not entirely comfortable with the idea of carrying their weapon in public. I direct this statement those of you who fall into this category: You will get use to it, or you will stop doing it. It's as simple as that. You will either carry on and never broach the subject again, or you will get a CHP and fade away from OC all together.

Well, if you see me out in the Greenville/Winterville area I will have one on. I have gotten to the point that it is like my watch, i feel naked without it. I wear it around the house alot of times. The wife finds it amusing.

I havent seen a single person ocing, in my area. I think I may be the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by robert1970 View Post
    I havent seen a single person ocing, in my area. I think I may be the only one.
    i knew idaho was sparse but didn't think it was that unpopulated?

wabbit
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)