Thread: Eek un...

Exclamation Can't happen here.. Eek un...

Wow this is interesting (and scary).... in direct violation of the US Constitution gun confiscation has happened here, with the help of the National Guard..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=FyfkQkchlu4#!

and per UN edict it will again if we let it.
    Last edited by Sheldon; 02-21-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Where have you been for the lasst 6+ months?

Use the search function to find all the discussion on the topic.

By the way, Chicken Little, the sky is not falling.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Where have you been for the lasst 6+ months?

Use the search function to find all the discussion on the topic.

By the way, Chicken Little, the sky is not falling.

stay safe.
    maybe but...
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/...xcept_the.html

and http://www.scribd.com/doc/100421703/...ful-World-1961

and http://www.libertygunrights.com/Blueprint4PeaceRace.pdf

and http://www.mikenew.com/pub7277.html

and... http://dosfan.lib.uic.edu/ERC/arms/freedom_war.html

Complacency and Denial will only empower the opposition and can we afford that with so much at stake?

Banned
    skidmark is neither complacent nor in denial. He has done more and risked more than most of us here. Show a little respect.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    skidmark is neither complacent nor in denial. He has done more and risked more than most of us here. Show a little respect.
    No disrespect was given but his response was a tad short and needs a little more finesses, we are not the enemy.

Banned
    Implying that someone of his stature in the movement is complacent or in denial is disrespect.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon
    No disrespect was given but his response was a tad short and needs a little more finesses
    Uh oh... apparently you haven't seen what he can do when he puts his mind into crafting a verbose & highly finessed reply. Don't tempt him.

Would you prefer something more like...:
    Quote Originally Posted by skid 2.0
    This has been widely discussed in the last 6+ months.
    Please use the search function to find all the discussions on the topic.
    The problem isn't as bad as it looks. I think you're overreacting.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Re: Eek un...

Okay - guys & gals. Here's a thought - maybe instead of jumping sheldon right out of the gate, we could have simply posted the link to one of the other threads and expressed "Check this out. We've been talking about this in the past." Simple & nice.

You know one does much better speaking to another as if they were standing right in front of you. Would skid talk this way in person? Of course he would. Krysta, I doubt it ? She does carry a glock so that adds points in my book. However she thinks carrying more than one pistol is "Gauche".
    Both of you have been helped by the kindness of this community in your legal battles. My point - let's be kind until a poster has given us a reason to be "snarky". In my opinion, he has not to this point. Plus he is a regular in the MI sub forum +1
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 02-26-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    My only criticism of the OP was when he insulted skid. I respect what skid has done too much to let that slide.

I do not write exactly the same in posts as I speak in person. The spoken word, with its attendant non-verbals, is so much more powerful and communicates so much more precisely our meaning. The written word is one-dimensional. More care must be taken that our meaning, permanently recorded, is crystal clear. I tend to be much more careful--and blunt--in writing than I am in person. I don't want to lose that precision.

That being said, when I met JmE in person, he did remark, "Wow. You really do talk that way, just like you post." I took that as a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    My only criticism of the OP was when he insulted skid. I respect what skid has done too much to let that slide.

I do not write exactly the same in posts as I speak in person. The spoken word, with its attendant non-verbals, is so much more powerful and communicates so much more precisely our meaning. The written word is one-dimensional. More care must be taken that our meaning, permanently recorded, is crystal clear. I tend to be much more careful--and blunt--in writing than I am in person. I don't want to lose that precision.

That being said, when I met JmE in person, he did remark, "Wow. You really do talk that way, just like you post." I took that as a compliment.
    As I replied earlier there was no insult implied, intended or otherwise. There was however what I feel an uncalled for knee jerk reaction in response by someone that was not named in that reply. Again I reiterate I am not the enemy, please do not treat me as such.

Banned
    I do not think you are the enemy. I have never said so. A rebuke is just that, a rebuke. It does not mean that you are an enemy. I rarely rebuke enemies; they ain't worth the effort. A rebuke is designed to get someone to think about what they are doing and possibly change that behavior.

Anyway, we are spending way too much time on this. My only point in the post you quoted was to indicate that I wasn't "jumping [you] right out of the gate" (as another poster implied), but that I was specifically responding to something you wrote in a later post.

Moving on.