• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Comcast Bans Gun Ads as Cable Giant Takes Control at NBC

Gil223

Comcast, the nation's largest cable provider, no longer accepts advertisements from businesses selling guns.
The hypocrisy demonstrated by Comcast-NBC is so obvious it is almost laughable. NBC has programming that is violent in nature, and shows movies with violence in them. Although NBC is generally lame, and advertizes Black and Decker and Skil power tools, they refuse to advertise other types of specific tools? Inasmuch as their advertising services are offered to the general public, I believe that Williams Gun Sight should sue Comcast for prejudice toward his business, unfair business practices, interfering with interstate commerce, and whatever else a good lawyer can find. I wonder how many of the 65M-70M gun owners subscribe to Comcast, and how badly they would be missed if they should cancel their subscription?

Comcast's fortunes must have changed significantly. Just a few years ago (3-4) they were reported to have $4K in corporate debt for every customer they had - and now they have controlling interest of one of the oldest (and least watched) names in the broadcast industry? (Has anybody seen George Soros lurking around the Comcast's corporate headquarters?) ;) Pax...

eye95

NBC has a perfect right not to show gun ads. Asking the government to force them to show gun ads because they show other kinds of ads is just as much anti-Liberty as the government trying to regulate your carry.

If you don't like what NBC is doing, don't watch. Avoid the other channels that NBC owns. I don't like what they are doing and, after verifying for myself their policy, will stop watching NBC until they change that policy and actually air an ad. Furthermore, I will make a point to mention NBC's policy to my firearm customers and encourage that they take consumer action.

Also, if I had Comcast cable, I'd dump it.

However, I support unequivocally NBC's RIGHT to choose its advertisers because the only way to truly advocate Liberty for myself is to advocate it for others.

motoxmann

I have a problem. I have comcast internet. it is literally the ONLY internet service available in my area besides Dish. and I can't use dish because of the issues it has in inclimate weather. my job relies on my constant functional internet service.

Last edited:

eye95

The one that I surreptitiously copied and will quote unless you mail me 50,000 unmarked $20 bills.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Gil223

I have a problem. I have comcast internet. it is literally the ONLY internet service available in my area besides Dish. and I can't use dish because of the issues it has in inclimate weather. my job relies on my constant functional internet service.

That really sux! It's the old "rock and a hard place" in action, and I know what you mean about inclement weather problems. Tell your friends who subscribe and whose jobs don't depend on 24/7 Internet access, and then you can consider it a philosophical disconnect by proxy. ;) Pax...

tattedupboy

Comcast is my only option as well, but for me, taking away all pro gun commercials wouldn't be a reason to switch service providers (I can't recall ever having seen any gun commercials on the channels I watch anyway, so I doubt this will change anything for me). Only if Comcast were actively working to disarm me (removing gun commercials doesn't count) would I get rid of them.

Sent from my Acer Iconia A200 tab using Tapatalk HD

motoxmann

The one that I surreptitiously copied and will quote unless you mail me 50,000 unmarked $20 bills.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

haha!! I assume "unmarked" means they cannot have any ink or any other forms of markings on them either, right? one sec, lemme get my shredder plugged in and run a few blank sheets through em, stuff the results in a plastic bag, and write on the bag "$20 bills, all unmarked, contains 50,000"
:)