Thread: Kentucky Senate Bill 150

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar

Kentucky Senate Bill 150

I just called about Kentucky Senate Bill 150. I was told it was in the Veterans, Military Affairs and Public Protection Committee, it has had a vote and has now been returned to the Committee. What does this mean?
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    I just called about Kentucky Senate Bill 150. I was told it was in the Veterans, Military Affairs and Public Protection Committee, it has had a vote and has now been returned to the Committee. What does this mean?
    Sounds like they didnt pass it, and that they'll have to rework it and then try again... too bad it was a good one...

"Thursday, February 21, 2013 - reported favorably, 2nd reading, to Rules with Committee Substitute"

From the Bill Tracker site.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymack View Post
    "Thursday, February 21, 2013 - reported favorably, 2nd reading, to Rules with Committee Substitute"

From the Bill Tracker site.
    Ok...............what does "to Rules with Committee Substitute" mean?
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

n.

This also mentions SB150. Looks like that just changed the proposed 30 day waiting period to 60 days for KSP to issue or deny CCDW permits.

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/02/21/2...on_object_map=[350319835081877]&action_type_map=[%22og.recommends%22]&action_ref_map=[]

n.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    A proposed bill is sent to a committee for a hearing and discussion. At that hearing, flaws in the bill may be detected and discussed. Sometimes the flaws are minor and the committee members may find a simple way to fix the bill. Sometimes, a simple change of wording is all it takes. The committee may vote on the bill with the understanding that these changes will be made. The bill, with the changes, becomes a "committee substitute" to the original bill. When a bill(including "committee substitutes") is passed by the committee, it is then sent to the "rules committee" where it is closely examined to make sure the wording is legal and the bill does what was intended for it to do. Once that is done, the rules committee places the bill in the "orders of the day" where it stays until called to the floor for debate by the full membership and a full vote.
    Thank you. I assume that the 30 day period was what was of concern since they changed it to 60 days.

n.

Activist Member
    Senate Bill 150 is awaiting the Governor's signature.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Senate Bill 150 is awaiting the Governor's signature.
    I agree this bill was something, but not the "grand winner" bills like we would have liked to see make it all the way. Any word on any of the anti bills? And correct me if I'm wrong but is this the only gun bill that made it to the Governor's desk?
    Last edited by self preservation; 03-13-2013 at 10:48 PM.

n.

The anti-gun bills went nowhere, not even the first committee hearing. There was never any chance that they would go somewhere.
    Because????
    Last edited by self preservation; 03-14-2013 at 08:16 AM.

n.

Because they had no support.
    Back to a previous question. Do you believe that all the emails, calls and letters from folks like us make that happen? Or do you think those in office are already against anti bills?

n.

Activist Member
    Back to a previous question. Do you believe that all the emails, calls and letters from folks like us make that happen? Or do you think those in office are already against anti bills?
    They are already against them. If they aren't against them directly, they are aware enough to know that any sign of support for such legislation would be a very bad career decision.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Can someone point me to a website or other source that will show how our rep's voted? The old NRA "A" rating seems to not mean squat anymore. Now I only care about the "I's" and "nay's."

n.

Can someone point me to a website or other source that will show how our rep's voted? The old NRA "A" rating seems to not mean squat anymore. Now I only care about the "I's" and "nay's."
    It is at the bottom of the page of the Bill you are reading it is a links stating "Vote history".
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.