• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentucky Senate Bill 150

self preservation

I just called about Kentucky Senate Bill 150. I was told it was in the Veterans, Military Affairs and Public Protection Committee, it has had a vote and has now been returned to the Committee. What does this mean?

rwasham

I just called about Kentucky Senate Bill 150. I was told it was in the Veterans, Military Affairs and Public Protection Committee, it has had a vote and has now been returned to the Committee. What does this mean?

Sounds like they didnt pass it, and that they'll have to rework it and then try again... too bad it was a good one...

self preservation

A proposed bill is sent to a committee for a hearing and discussion. At that hearing, flaws in the bill may be detected and discussed. Sometimes the flaws are minor and the committee members may find a simple way to fix the bill. Sometimes, a simple change of wording is all it takes. The committee may vote on the bill with the understanding that these changes will be made. The bill, with the changes, becomes a "committee substitute" to the original bill. When a bill(including "committee substitutes") is passed by the committee, it is then sent to the "rules committee" where it is closely examined to make sure the wording is legal and the bill does what was intended for it to do. Once that is done, the rules committee places the bill in the "orders of the day" where it stays until called to the floor for debate by the full membership and a full vote.

Thank you. I assume that the 30 day period was what was of concern since they changed it to 60 days.

self preservation

Senate Bill 150 is awaiting the Governor's signature.

I agree this bill was something, but not the "grand winner" bills like we would have liked to see make it all the way. Any word on any of the anti bills? And correct me if I'm wrong but is this the only gun bill that made it to the Governor's desk?

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Back to a previous question. Do you believe that all the emails, calls and letters from folks like us make that happen? Or do you think those in office are already against anti bills?

They are already against them. If they aren't against them directly, they are aware enough to know that any sign of support for such legislation would be a very bad career decision.

self preservation

Can someone point me to a website or other source that will show how our rep's voted? The old NRA "A" rating seems to not mean squat anymore. Now I only care about the "I's" and "nay's."